Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No History Channel Roku Only

@Tennismom 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ljjones

Old thread but I am still having this same problem.  Roku 3050X, software v 9.1.0 build 5006-02.  Charter/Spectrum asks for the activation code number but I can't supply it because Roku won't launch the History channel so I can get the code !

0 Kudos
Tel864
Channel Surfer

@ljjones wrote:

Old thread but I am still having this same problem.  Roku 3050X, software v 9.1.0 build 5006-02.  Charter/Spectrum asks for the activation code number but I can't supply it because Roku won't launch the History channel so I can get the code !

About all you can do is report it to A&E and hope they bump it up, that's how mine got fixed.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@ljjones wrote:

All support for the Roku 2 XD (model 3050) ended some years ago. That model was introduced in 2011 and was discontinued in 2013. Supported ended a few years later. You won't get a resolution from Roku or from History for an issue with that device.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ljjones

Thanks for the post.

As @DBDukes mentioned, the Roku 2 XD (3050) is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jonesrin

I'm having the same problem as many others with activating the History Channel with my Roku device. It was working for several weeks, and now suddenly stopped connecting with my Xfinity provider. I'm taken through all the activation steps, told on the screen that my device has been. successfully activated, but it won't connect. I continue to get a message saying I'm unauthorized because I am not signed in with my tv provider. Very frustrating. I've gone through all the recommended trouble shooting steps, but nothing is working. The History Channel will not connect with my tv provider on the Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jonesrin

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

Have you tried contacting the channel provider to inquire further? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach History Channel support here: https://support.history.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kmaret

I am having this issue with the history Chanel and tnt, tbs. Any solutions found?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Kmaret 

By "this issue" do you mean it won't authenticate against a TV provider? Or it authenticates and crashes? Or something else?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Kmaret

It goes to the channel and starts to load then kicks back to main menu. 

0 Kudos