Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tel864
Channel Surfer

No History Channel Roku Only

For several weeks now when I try to open the History app I get the little circle and it kicks me back to Home. I have reset my Roku, reset my network and installed/uninstalled the History app multiple times. This happens on two Stick+ Roku's and an Ultra. History works fine on an AppleTV Box and a Firestick I borrowed. I even went to Wally World and purchased a new Roku to try and return, it wouldn't work either. How can every streaming device I can find run the History App but not any Roku. I have done all the troubleshooting/resetting on all the Roku's and have run out of options. I send feedback on the app but I doubt that goes anywhere. 

40 REPLIES 40
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No History Channel Roku Only

@Tel864 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please make sure that after you remove the channel that you restart your device before adding the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to History Channel directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the History channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://history.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tel864
Channel Surfer

I'll give it a other shot then. I contacted them about 2 weeks ago and never got a response. For now I'll go back to the AppleTV where the app does work. 

0 Kudos
Tel864
Channel Surfer

I finally got a reply today and after a back and forth via email, they're stumped for now also. It's being bumped to their engineers. 

0 Kudos
mmfitness

I am also trying to watch history channel and it just looks like its loading then it disapears and I am all of a sudden back to home.

0 Kudos
Tel864
Channel Surfer

I've discovered that the A&E app does the same thing. Here's what I got from A&E support. I answered those questions and they replied that the problem was being referred to their engineers. 

A+E Networks Support (A+E Networks Support)

Jan 10, 11:52 PM EST

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the app!

In order to further assist you, I will need to double-check the basics with you as well as obtain some more information.

Please answer the following questions:
1. What model of Roku and app version are you using?
2. Was this the first time you downloaded the app and saw this issue? Was there a version of the app that worked for you?
3. Did you recently update to the latest version of the app and then experience the issue?
4. Where are you experiencing this issue? If during a show, what show or episode did you watch the most and notice the issues? Did you try any other shows?
5. Can you tell us if any commercials appeared before the issue, if so what commercials?
6. Are you logged in to the app? If you are, who is your cable or satellite TV provider?
7. Does your cable package include/support the channel?
8. Please try to delete the app, reboot your device, re-install the app and let us know if that fixes the issue.

Thanks in advance for any further information you can provide!

Sincerely,
Watch Apps Support

0 Kudos
Tel864
Channel Surfer

I have found a better although expensive fix, dump my Roku's. I've also been fighting an audio drop problem on my Ultra like others in another Audio thread have posted. I didn't have the app problems or audio issues in a AppleTV or Firestick I recently tried out so I'll most likely just dump the Roku's and transition over to other brands that work. 

deepaberdeen
Channel Surfer

Did you solve your Issue with History Ch, as I have the same issues and cannot find any support from ROKU

Gerk23
Reel Rookie

I also have this issue!  I spent time on the phone with two Spectrum staffers tonight for more than an hour and a half.    My issue is the same but a little different.   I can use my old roku 2 on the downstairs TV to get history just fine.   I come upstairs to the roku ultra and cant get it working.  I go through the process of deleting the channel, resetting roku, then re-adding the channel, and then re activating.   It says I’m signed in with Spectrum and “episodes are unlocked.”   I go to watch live TV or an on demand episode, and it tells me either “user not authorized” or “something went wrong, please try again later.”   This is a never ending nightmare, and neither charter/spectrum nor Roku want anything to do with the issue. (But all parties are happy to take my money to the tune of $300 a month for services I cannot use or receive any support in troubleshooting the issue.   I keep seeing thread after thread or post after post with this exact issue, and many people mention the Roku Ultra as part of their complaints.   (Again, the roku 2 downstairs works just fine.   I even tried signing out on that device in case there is some crazy device limit you can have signed-in on at a time).

Really, I own several Roku devices (at least 3.... have purchased 4 total, and now have a Roku TV ordered since up till now I have had very positive experiences with them).   I even took Roku’s side in the whole Peacock and HBO max debacle.   I always defended Roku to others since they are the smaller company involved vs HBO/time Warner and NBC universal/Comcast.

After so much buying into the roku platform and blindly defending them to others regarding the holdout with the big streamers (which has gone on for months now....during a pandemic nonetheless...when people are trying to use  the streaming services they HAVE PAID FOR!!!!)   Roku needs to contact History/A&E on behalf of all these customers having issues with THEIR streaming devices (mainly something to do with the Roku Ultra...which is supposed to be a high end model!!!).  I too feel it is necessary to cancel the order for my new Roku TCL TV, and throw the other little boxes in the trash.   Apple has never let me down before (and if they have, they worked to make things more than right)!     A Roku loyalist I am no more.    HBO and Peacock must be right, and I hope they NEVER come to Roku.   I will keep my subscriptions with them, and follow them elsewhere!   Roku is no longer the user friendly company it once was.    Now they are greedier than all the rest.   Time to cut the cords in reverse.   See ya Roku

Tennismom

Having the same issue.  Have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted my device, contacted my internet provider.  Nothing works.

0 Kudos