Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
netnothing
Level 9

No HDR in Amazon App

Roku, please investigate the loss of HDR via the Amazon App.  Seems this is a new issue.  No HDR badge on known programs that should be HDR.  Amazon HDR working fine on ATV4K and Android apps.

I'm running:
Roku Ultra (2017) 8.1.0 Build 4137
Amazon app is Version 10.0 build 2018061311
0 Kudos
1 Reply
StreamerUser
Level 8

Re: No HDR in Amazon App

I haven't had any HDR in any version of the AP app since i got my SS+ (3810 w/8.0.1-4090) a couple months ago.

Netflix, Youtube, etc all successfully and properly show HDR tags for content in their menus and activate the HDR badge for my LG TV (as do the built-in TV apps, and Xbox One X apps)

The Roku AP app (any version) does not.

Previous support interactions with both Roku and Amazon result in finger pointing, bad outdated technical info sharing, and classic disintelligence presentation.

Surely its in both their interests to cross-consult to address this issue for premium presentation quality in flagship products and services for both companies...
0 Kudos