Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rasputin1
Level 7

No Disney+

I could not find Disney+ on the roku channel search. I then installed it from the roku site. But it still doesn’t appear anywhere on the roku menus or searches. I have an older model roku (2012), is this the problem?
5 Replies
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: No Disney+

@rasputin1 wrote:
I could not find Disney+ on the roku channel search. I then installed it from the roku site. But it still doesn’t appear anywhere on the roku menus or searches. I have an older model roku (2012), is this the problem?

More than likely, yes. Disney decided to only support some of the newest Roku devices. There's a few devices older than 2015 that are supported, but the fact you can't seen it in the Channel Store is pretty much proof your player isn't supported. Unfortunately, if you want Disney+, you're going to have to get a new device.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
BobFJr
Level 7

Hi,

I had a related version of the same problem, but it seems to be a little deeper than that for some reason.  As you pointed out, the Disney+ channel is not a choice in older models channel store (I have multiple rokus, but this one is the 2400x/Roku LT), even though some of the other Disney-offered channels ARE there. Smiley Tongue  So I did the same thing: added it thru the online site.  I went back but didn’t see it, but ran an update and then, IT SHOWED!  It was in my menu of channels on screen.  I moved from the last spot (where added channels always appear first) up to one of the top couple rows so I could access it easily.  The next day, it was gone.

So this is a little stranger than them simply not making it available...I’m not sure why, if they have the ability to make it work (which they must since I USED IT haha) they then went back and removed it.  In my online account, it still says I have it installed, but it definitely isn’t there anymore onscreen.  (Yes I tried to update again hoping it would reappear but no luck.)  I came here wondering if anyone had the same issues, so I guess yes that means I’ll have to only watch Disney channel shows on a different tv with a Roku that does stream it!

Thanks

-b

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

@BobFJr wrote:

Hi,

I had a related version of the same problem, but it seems to be a little deeper than that for some reason.  As you pointed out, the Disney+ channel is not a choice in older models channel store (I have multiple rokus, but this one is the 2400x/Roku LT), even though some of the other Disney-offered channels ARE there. Smiley Tongue  So I did the same thing: added it thru the online site.  I went back but didn’t see it, but ran an update and then, IT SHOWED!  It was in my menu of channels on screen.  I moved from the last spot (where added channels always appear first) up to one of the top couple rows so I could access it easily.  The next day, it was gone.

So this is a little stranger than them simply not making it available...I’m not sure why, if they have the ability to make it work (which they must since I USED IT haha) they then went back and removed it.  In my online account, it still says I have it installed, but it definitely isn’t there anymore onscreen.  (Yes I tried to update again hoping it would reappear but no luck.)  I came here wondering if anyone had the same issues, so I guess yes that means I’ll have to only watch Disney channel shows on a different tv with a Roku that does stream it!

Thanks

-b

Yes, Disney made it available by mistake for unsupported players, and when they discovered it they removed them from players that weren't supposed to have it. Unfortunately, that's what Disney decided to do, and there's no way to get it back on unsupported players unless Disney decides to allow it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
TunaTim
Level 7

Can confirm, working with an older model at the in laws and it is not available as an option yet. Disappointing!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@TunaTim 

Thanks for the note.

What model is the device that Disney+ is working on?

You can see the supported list of Roku device models that the Disney+ channel supports here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=a168b614db4d40d03c0cf158bf96198e

The following Roku device models are not supported by the Disney+ channel: 
2400, 3000, 3050, 3100, 2450, 2500, 3400, 3420

If you have additional questions regarding device availability, please reach out to Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos