Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krh3710
Level 7

No Common Channels Available

Jump to solution

I recently had my tv in Germany for two years and certain American channels were not available on my TCL Roku TV. Being back in the states, I’m trying to download common channels like Amazon, Sling, HBOnow.. but none of these channels exist on my tv for download. If I search, they do not come up. I’ve factory reset my TV. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Common Channels Available

Jump to solution

If you created your Roku account in a foreign country, you won't be able to add U.S. channels.  You'll have to create a new account here with a different email address, factory reset your TV, and then link it to the new account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4\
renojim

Jump to solution

If you created your Roku account in a foreign country, you won't be able to add U.S. channels.  You'll have to create a new account here with a different email address, factory reset your TV, and then link it to the new account.

View solution in original post

Pocho
Level 7

Jump to solution

@renojim

Does this apply to Roku Express too?
Does it check which country is using the public IP?  If so does Roku take into account that to only allow load channel of my country?
I guess "create a new account in US" implies register a US credit card, like Amazon Prime does, I guess US address and phone number wouldn't be enough.  Is that so?
Is this the same using Paypal?
Thank you

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Pocho, it applies to all Roku devices.  If you're not physically in the US simply creating a US account won't help.

0 Kudos
Pocho
Level 7

Jump to solution

@renojim  So the platform looks the IP address.
Not sure why those popular channels are available in other platforms like Apple TV.
I gue$$ what it i$. Apple TV costs triple.  Mine is an old one that works fine but doesn't have the option to load new channel.
Thanks anyway for your help!

0 Kudos