Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Audio on Some Movies on Movie Stream Channel

Hello, I am a tester from the channel "Movie Stream" and this channel is having no sound on certain movies on The ROKU Sticks.  I have 3 ROKU units, 2 sticks and one old model I believe it is the ROKU SE that uses component cables not HDMI cables.  That unit is the kitchen connected to a small TV so I can watch cooking shows.  That old 10-year-old model plays fine with all channels including "Movie Stream."  however, the ROKU Sticks have no audio on certain movies on certain channels including Movie Stream.  Here some troubleshooting steps I implemented.

- I switched the old model from the kitchen to the living room tv and bedroom.  The old SE ROKU model worked fine on both TVs and played all movies from Movie Stream with perfect audio.
- I checked the audio setting on the ROKU Sticks and ensured they're both set on Stereo.
- I checked the TV audio settings and SAP has been disabled and both TVs are set to Stereo.
- I rebooted both sticks and updated the firmware which it already had the latest firmware.
- I rebooted my modem and router.

and still, no audio on certain movies on Movie Stream channel.  So far, we have received 3 subscribers with the same issue. The channel only has like 20 subscribers so we really can't pinpoint the issue but all 3 subscribers and myself are having this issue on The ROKU Stick not the older players.

The video files on Movie Stream are encoded in MP4 format as the owers claims.  How can we get this resolved? We opened a ticket with ROKU Partnered Success and they couldn't reproduce the problem.  They said everything was fine and they need more subscribers complaints to pinpoint the issues.  I think it's evident that it is possibly a firmware issue on the ROKU sticks.  How do we escalate this issue to the engineering dept?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
peanuts_ma
Level 7

Re: No Audio on Some Movies on Movie Stream Channel

I'm not with Roku, but I have a Roku stick and am a subscriber to Movie Stream. The channel is glitchy and videos refuse to load. All I get is a purple video loading bar that only goes halfway and then I get a "video temporarily unavailable" message. It's frustrating that all the other channel apps don't have this problem. I've installed and reinstalled the app. Restarted my router. Restarted and unplugged the Roku device. I lost 1.99 as I thought if I subscribed the movies would play. They do not. I have contacted Movie Stream via Facebook and they say it's on Roku's end as many people are enjoying the channel. We have 2 Roku TVs and one with the stick. I haven't tried the app on the TV but I'm guessing the videos won't load on those either. Perhaps there should have been more testing before this channel was launched.
0 Kudos

I know it's fustrating.  I have 3 units and it only works well with the Older ROKU that uses component cables. The sticks wont work with the channel.  It only plays certain movies.  I'm gonna have engineers reupload the SDK package and perhaps that may remedy the problem.  Lets hope it works. Sorry you're having this issue.
0 Kudos
peanuts_ma
Level 7

Channel still won't play. Even tried the Roku TVs. NOTHING!! At any rate, I cancelled my subscription. It's not worth it.
0 Kudos