Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Atmos with Disney+? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

Jump to solution

So I hear Disney Plus has Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. wanted to check out the Mandalorian. Sign up for Dis+ and check it out. Says some programs have Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. great!!!

Go into various movies.....not a single one triggers Atmos on my receiver. Its getting Dolby Digital Plus so thats good to go. should detect the Atmos metadata. but nope.

go to some tech related forums where everyone is discussing which devices are getting Atmos with Disney+

Someone mentions their Roku stick gets it, but someone else mentions that Roku TV does NOT get Atmos via Disney plus.

Come on guys. I get Atmos with Amazon and Vudu, but not Netflix or Disney+

This isnt rocket science. whats the hold up?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: No Atmos with Disney+? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the notes here. We're working with Disney+ to help bring support for Dolby Atmos passthrough for the Disney+ channel to more Roku device models, including Roku TVs. If support isn't available on your device today, please continue to keep an eye out for system and channel updates in the coming months that will help enable this functionality. We understand the interest here, and are working hard to help bridge the gap as soon as possible. 

If you have specific questions, or would like to share additional feedback, please send me a private message and I would be happy to see if there is anything else we can do to help in the meantime.

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

24 Replies
WildEagle
Level 8

Re: No Atmos with Disney Plus? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

Jump to solution
I am so disappointed. I am considering canceling my subscription
WildEagle
Level 8

Jump to solution
Either it’s a bug or we were not informed correctly. I just checked Disney plus web and it states:
“Can I use Roku to watch Disney+?
Yes, Disney+ supports up to 4k Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos for Roku depending on the specific capabilities of the device. 4k Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos content requires compatible display and sound systems.”
https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=a168b614db4d40d03c0cf158bf96198e
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

Disney has stated that Atmos is "coming". How soon, no idea. But it's not available yet. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
WildEagle
Level 8

Jump to solution
atc98092, do you have a link where it states it’s coming and not here yet. So far, I found that it supports Atmos for Roku. I provided the link above. I signed Disney + by taking their word, but so far it is disappointment. I still hope it’s just a bug.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@WildEagle wrote:
atc98092, do you have a link where it states it’s coming and not here yet. So far, I found that it supports Atmos for Roku. I provided the link above. I signed Disney + by taking their word, but so far it is disappointment. I still hope it’s just a bug.

It was on the AVS Forums, but I can't remember if it was the Shield or Roku forums there. But what I saw was a copy/paste from a Disney response. Just found it. It was a post specific to the Shield. Looking at the Disney+ support page, their support info for Roku is lacking in some respects. But they do say "Yes, Disney+ supports up to 4k Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos for Roku depending on the specific capabilities of the device. " But they don't say which Roku players support Atmos. My guess would be all supported 4K players, so all models of Ultra, the Premiere/Premiere+ and the 4K Sticks. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
WildEagle
Level 8

Jump to solution
I found the problem for my device (Roku Ultra). I hope it will help someone. In Roku settings under audio my HDMI was configured for the highest audio settings. I switched it to Auto and now Atmos works.
KNGP1N
Level 7

Jump to solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the notes here. We're working with Disney+ to help bring support for Dolby Atmos passthrough for the Disney+ channel to more Roku device models, including Roku TVs. If support isn't available on your device today, please continue to keep an eye out for system and channel updates in the coming months that will help enable this functionality. We understand the interest here, and are working hard to help bridge the gap as soon as possible. 

If you have specific questions, or would like to share additional feedback, please send me a private message and I would be happy to see if there is anything else we can do to help in the meantime.

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Jdk4dawin
Level 8

Jump to solution
It works on my 2018 Roku ultra. For anybody having issues getting dolby Atmos working on your roku device, and you're sure your TV or receiver can handle dolby Atmos, try to reset your roku to factory settings. I couldn't get it to work at all until I did this. Left my audio settings in there Roku as auto. My avr now recognizes Atmos with my Roku for Vudu and Disney plus.
0 Kudos