Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No Amazon Prime or PBS on my TCL 5 Series Roku TV

Jump to solution

Today I purchased a TCL 5 Series Roku TV in the USA.  It does not have options for Amazon Prime or PBS.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I also use this Roku account outside of the USA, so I wondered if that was the problem, or if it was an issue with the TV itself.  

Thank you in advance for your response.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No Amazon Prime or PBS on my TCL 5 Series Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Cynthia1120 

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No Amazon Video app for TCL TV?

Jump to solution

I was able to solve this problem by doing a factory reset on the TA and logging in with a different Roku account. The initial Roku account I used had been set up outside the U.S.  Now that I am using a new Roku account that I established in the U.S. I get Amazon Prime, PBS, Pandora, and many other APPS that weren't showing before.  To factory reset and log into everything again was fast and smooth.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No Amazon Prime or PBS on my TCL 5 Series Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Cynthia1120 

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos