Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristyK1
Level 8

Newsmax missing in ROKU/Spectrum channels guide

Jump to solution

Purchased ROKU to watch Spectrum on TVs without cable boxes. Newsmax is included in Spectrum channels but does not show up on Channel guide. And can’t punch in channel number via ROKU remote. 
How is this resolved?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Newsmax missing in ROKU/Spectrum channels guide

Jump to solution

You contact Spectrum and ask them. They have sole control over what is available in their Roku channel/app. From everything I've seen here in the forum about the Spectrum channel, they (Spectrum) has done a terrible job with it. And only they can resolve the issues. Roku doesn't provide support for 3rd party channels, and they're all 3rd party channels except for The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

You contact Spectrum and ask them. They have sole control over what is available in their Roku channel/app. From everything I've seen here in the forum about the Spectrum channel, they (Spectrum) has done a terrible job with it. And only they can resolve the issues. Roku doesn't provide support for 3rd party channels, and they're all 3rd party channels except for The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

jcdahl46
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have ROKU and can watch Newsmax on the Pluto app. Spectrum app doesn’t offer Newsmax unfortunately.

0 Kudos