Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J-a
Level 7

Newsmax TV won’t play

Jump to solution

I turned on Roku this morning only to find out that Newsmax TV is no longer a listed channel.  This was the main reason I watched Roku and is now my main reason that I am not going to any longer.  If Roku wants to play politics and censor conservative voices then I will not continue to support them and will get my news from other sources.  Poor decision Roku!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Newsmax TV won’t play

Jump to solution

The Newsmax Channel often has some issues.  Sometimes it doesn't load or may be missing the Live selection box but you can select it (Live) from within the Channel Guide of the app.  If you wait a while or sometimes just restart the Roku, it may work again instantly.  Sometimes, you just have to wait a bit.  It is the Channel itself, not Roku.

Whenever having a problem with the Channel/App itself, you can always watch Newsmax on the Live TV features of the Roku Channel 150 , PlutoTV 236, and a host of other Channels with LiveTV.

I don't even go to the trouble of removing the Channel, Restart,and Reinstall procedure.  It just fixes itself everytime.  Sometimes it won't work temporarily of one Roku device, but will on another of mine.  Just to reiterate, it is the Channel itself, not a Roku conspiracy/policy.  If you check yours now, probably back up and working.  If it is "no longer listed" it may have been inadvertantly removed or relocated elsewhere on your screen, or possibly not supported (the Channel/app itself) with your device, or due to geographic region.

Hope that helps reassure you.  Post back if need more help or missed something in your above question.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Newsmax TV won’t play

Jump to solution

The Newsmax Channel often has some issues.  Sometimes it doesn't load or may be missing the Live selection box but you can select it (Live) from within the Channel Guide of the app.  If you wait a while or sometimes just restart the Roku, it may work again instantly.  Sometimes, you just have to wait a bit.  It is the Channel itself, not Roku.

Whenever having a problem with the Channel/App itself, you can always watch Newsmax on the Live TV features of the Roku Channel 150 , PlutoTV 236, and a host of other Channels with LiveTV.

I don't even go to the trouble of removing the Channel, Restart,and Reinstall procedure.  It just fixes itself everytime.  Sometimes it won't work temporarily of one Roku device, but will on another of mine.  Just to reiterate, it is the Channel itself, not a Roku conspiracy/policy.  If you check yours now, probably back up and working.  If it is "no longer listed" it may have been inadvertantly removed or relocated elsewhere on your screen, or possibly not supported (the Channel/app itself) with your device, or due to geographic region.

Hope that helps reassure you.  Post back if need more help or missed something in your above question.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos