Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrLight79
Level 7

NewsOn channel will not load

Channel "NewsOn" loads but almost immediately goes back to home screen.

No Errors received. 

Channel refuses to fully load. I have restarted my roku. I have Removed and restarted roku twice now. Still will not work. It is not my router as other channels are working fine.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NewsOn channel will not load

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Shackman55
Level 7

I'm having the same issue with 2 roku tcl TVs. I have followed all the suggestions to no avail. About a week or so ago there was an update and it worked on both TVs for 1 day then started doing the same thing. Straight back to the home screen after trying to load. It works fine on my phone. 

0 Kudos
mborrego
Level 7

I continue to have to same problems and I am unable to view the live, local news stations.  I did as you suggested and still not able to view the news stations.  Any other suggestions?  Would so appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Shackman55
Level 7

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it went back to working for one day and then stopped. Hasn't worked since. I can get it to work on my phone and a stand alone roku 4.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mborrego @Shackman55

I hope you're doing well. 

If you are still experiencing the issue from one channel after attempting the suggestions provided above, videos from other channels play fine, follow @makaiguy's latter suggestion in the post above. 

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos