Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NewsMax TV

We have 3 active Roku Devices, A almost new TCL Roku RV, a Roku 3, and a new Roku Ultra.  Everything works extremely well until I go to NewsMax TV.  It starts just fine, after a very short period the screen flashes, and then the sound no longer works.  On the Roku TV, it looks like it is fast forwarding.  This is the only station to act this way.  My ISP internet speed varies between 50 and 100mps.  I have a excellent router. It does not matter whether I am using a CAT5 cord or use a wireless connection.  I am able to stream NetFlix, Hulu, Youtube, Philo, and Sling TV with no issues.  The ONLY issue is NewsMax TV .  It is as if someone or something is blocking our ability to watch this one news station.  Also, I am using Spectrum.  I am able to stream NewsMax TV on my laptop on the same network (with a vpn) and at this point have no issues.  I am in Montana.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: NewsMax TV

Most likely, it's a porblem with the channel itself, if all other channels work fine. Your best bet is to contact their support.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos

I would agree except for two things:  1.  It only happens when using Roku.  2.  I have not been able to find a way to contact NewsMax TV.  I will continue to try, but it appears someone or something just doesn't want you to use NewsMax.  Would someone block it?  Yea, someone would if they could.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Doubt it..

The channel might just be buggy for the Roku.. just because it doesn't work on the Roku doesn't mean someone/Roku is conspiring to break the ability to watch the channel.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos

Nope!  I was able to contact NewsMax TV and they are aware of it.  It is a Roku issue!  Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"BobMontgomery" wrote:
...This is the only station to act this way. ...  I am able to stream NetFlix, Hulu, Youtube, Philo, and Sling TV with no issues.  The ONLY issue is NewsMax TV .  ....

"BobMontgomery" wrote:
Nope!  I was able to contact NewsMax TV and they are aware of it.  It is a Roku issue!  Thanks for your help.

Everything works fine on Roku except that one app? So it must be Roku's fault? Not the only app that doesn't work's fault? Not following that logic.

You might want to try a couple of things. First, reset the app. Here's how. Do all these steps in this order. If you do it any other way, you're doing it wrong:

1. Remove the app

2. Reboot the Roku

3. Reinstall the app

There's no guarantee that'll work, but it's part of a good troubleshooting process.

Next, try it without the VPN.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

I spent an hour with Roku support and they don't know why it doesn't work.  No VPN used.  
0 Kudos

I was able to download an App "NewsMax TV" from Roku, and it works (buggy) .... only if streamed through Pluto or the Roku Channel does it completely fail.
0 Kudos