Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

NewsMax-TV no longer works ?

Jump to solution

On Friday Oct-2nd using Roku-Streaming-Stick+ I tried to access NewsMax-TV at 6:00PM Eastern (as I've done every weekday for the last several months) BUT the stream no longer works and the NewsMax-TV tile does not appear in the Live-TV grouping.  Same problem on each of our 3 TVs.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions how to get it back? THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: NewsMax-TV no longer works ?

Jump to solution

OK .... I was able to resolve the problem (hopefully it keeps working).  Originally I would access NewMax-TV by using my remote and going to Roku Channel then selecting NewsMax from the Live-TV options.

What I just now did was pull out my trusty laptop and signed-in to My-Roku-Account .. then went to Channel-Store ... found NewMax-TV and "added the Channel".  It then appreared as it's own choice on the main Roku screen on each of my 3 TVs.

I'll mark the problem "solved" (hope it remains solved) ... Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. When I search in the "add channel" area, I see Newsmax, I select it to addit back in and nothing happens.

Did you find a resolution to the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

No ... I have not yet found or heard solution or explanation.  What's most troublesome is that it worked fine for months ..... just stopped working last Friday.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Roku just started rolling out the version 9.4 update to its operating software.  If all of you people ran into this problem at the same time, I'm wondering if you may all have been the "lucky" ones to get this update from version 9.3. 

If NewsMax doesn't even show in your channel store, I'm wondering if NewsMax has their app hard-coded for the Roku versions it will run on, and they haven't updated it to run on 9.4 yet.

Settings > System > About will tell you the version of Roku software you have.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

OK .... I was able to resolve the problem (hopefully it keeps working).  Originally I would access NewMax-TV by using my remote and going to Roku Channel then selecting NewsMax from the Live-TV options.

What I just now did was pull out my trusty laptop and signed-in to My-Roku-Account .. then went to Channel-Store ... found NewMax-TV and "added the Channel".  It then appreared as it's own choice on the main Roku screen on each of my 3 TVs.

I'll mark the problem "solved" (hope it remains solved) ... Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Newsmax stopped showing up in my streaming channels menu on Friday Oct 2. I tried adding it from the store and at first thought it worked, but I still don't have access to live tv. Just pre recorded shows. Frustrating

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Its very frustrating.  How can I get Newsmax back ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you are seeing the previously broadcast shows (which can be streamed later) then you should also see a narrow vertical Menu on the left side: Home-TV Live - Schedule - TV Shows - Special Programs - Search - About.

Using Remote I used left-arrow and went down to TV-Live choice and hit OK.

If you don't get the menu then I don't have a suggestion.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos