Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NewsMax-TV no longer works for live streaming, only older episodes

Jump to solution

@JK13 

Newsmax occassionally experiences this issue as you described where the Live TV is not working. (not displaying the Live TV box on top).   Pressing the left arrow button will bring up the side menu where you can normally select TV Live and then it will work.  However, today that was not working.  It will be fixed as it always is, just have to be patient.

Whenever the Newsmax Channel/app is not working, you can always watch Newsmax on the Roku Channel Live TV (channel 150).  Also available on Tubi and Pluto.

The Newsmax Channel/app was working on my Roku Ultra today but not on my Insignia RokuTV earlier so was definitely device specific.  It is currently working across all my devices now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

skyvalleyhgrprz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Open the NewsMax app again tomorrow. They don't live broadcast 24/7. So, when not live you will only find previous episodes.

0 Kudos
lanesharon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the same problem for a while last night.  It has happened before, but usually resolves after some time.

0 Kudos
Mr01

Re: NewsMax-TV no longer works ?

Jump to solution

I searched it on roku and it came up under Haystack News. You can watch it for free there. 
I removed and reinstalled the Newsmax app and it still doesn’t work so this is my work around. 
What’s up with these providers cutting the public off from what we want to watch ?!  Criminal. I hope Roku fixes this

0 Kudos
lanesharon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am watching it on Pluto TV.  For some reason, on Roku channel it does the same thing as the NewsMax app, but on Pluto, it all works fine.

0 Kudos
Spotter

Jump to solution

If you have Roku, highlight Roku, then hit the * (Asterick) then hit update channel, then it shall work

0 Kudos
Indywoman12
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have also experienced this issue on my roku ," not making it political just the first thought I had in my mind , which isn't uncommon these days with all of the movements developing. 

I don't have Newsmax on the list of live news feeds where it once was , located with OAN and Fox news live.

I don't however feel its political, just download the Newsmax App through Roku , and you can access prerecorded feeds as well as live news. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Indywoman12 

Just to update this thread, Newsmax on the Roku Channel Live TV has moved to ch 190.

(https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Roku-Channel-Live-TV-Guide-Listing-Reference-...)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos