Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruthmiriam
Reel Rookie

Re: NewsMax-TV no longer works ?

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problem - Newsmax live no longer working on Roku via our TV.  Worked fine yesterday.  Works fine from our phones.  Does NOT work on our TV (just recorded stories available on the TV).  Please let me know what you find!  

KRC1

Jump to solution

I'm having exact issue 11/30/20

Gretchendiv2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here Nov 30, 2020! 

Very annoying! 

0 Kudos
Bella22

Jump to solution

I did that and it does work that way. But will the actual chancel work again?

0 Kudos
lanesharon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I went into the Roku channel, did a search for Newsmax and was able to display the live telecast.  So, why is the NewMaxTV app not working?.

0 Kudos
Gretchendiv2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Reset TV and it’s working fine now! 

Home 5x’s

up 1x

Rewind 2x’s

Fast Fwd 2x’s 

👍🏼

Ruthmiriam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Resetting the ROKU fixed the issue!!  thank you!!!!

0 Kudos
JTDixon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Another way to access without having to go thru another window is to go to the search on the left menu, search "Newsmax".

You should see Newsmax and Newsmax Live.

I have selected both several times and now Newsmax has it's own window right next to Pluto, Roku Channel and the others.

Note: the non live Newsmax has the different news segments that you can watch at any time.

@Twolfe1209 wrote:

Having the same problem today, Nov 30, 2020. I went to watch Newsmax through Roku and even though the vertical menu was there and I chose Live TV, nothing changed. Extremely frustrating! Sent an email to Newsmax, but I don’t expect to hear back since i can watch it on other devices, even though I would prefer watching on the Tv. Terry

0 Kudos
kathmak898
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem, except when I go to my Roku account, Newsmas shows up as already installed. But when I click on the Newsmax app, nothing happens. It just bounces back to the home screen.

0 Kudos
skyvalleyhgrprz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Re-installed the NewsMax app on our Roku stick today.  The app attempts to load, but simply returns to the homescreen.  It was working last week.

Watching NewsMax on the Roku channel today.

0 Kudos