Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New to Roku - Streaming Stick Plus Netflix has odd stutter

Jump to solution

My wife has bought me a Streaming Stick Plus for our lounge TV, a Samsung KS7000. Set up fine, no issues, lovely little stick. Now, having had chance to have a proper play this weekend I have noticed that Netflix in particular has this odd jump every now and again. I first noticed it watching Afterlife, then Giri Haji, then other shows. I did a factory reset just incase, tried another HDMI port but same result. I also have a 4K stick on our downstairs TV so I tried that and no issues whatsoever. Tried the PS4 Netlfix just for testing and no issues. Back to the Roku and the problem is still there. I have tried the Refresh Rate setting on and off with no joy. My Samsung doesn't display a great deal of info on the input stream but no matter what I watch in Netflix it shows 3840x2160 UHD HDR (depends on show) 60. Is this something to do with the issue?

I am not overly technical so I apologise if this doesn't make a lot of sense!! We watch a lot of Netflix and I will say the picture quality on the ROKU is, imo, the best out of my available hardware, (PS4, 4K Fire Stick, TV built in App) so I would prefer to use it but even my wife notices the "skip" and it's triggerd my OCD somewhat :-)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New to Roku - Streaming Stick Plus Netflix has odd stutter

Jump to solution

@fatherofraff 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Netflix directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Netflix channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@fatherofraff 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Netflix directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Netflix channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the exact same issue on Netflix with the Roku - Streaming Stick Plus. I replaced an aging Roku 2 about 2 months ago. I never had this stutter issue on Netflix with the Roku 2 BTW. Oddly enough, I didn't notice it until about 5 weeks ago. I tried the solution of removing Netflix from the Roku channels and adding it back. That didn't resolve the issue. And, I firmly believe this is not a Netflix issue, it's a Roku Streaming Stick Plus issue. So, please don't refer me to Netflix support. Is there something else that can be done? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I gave up with mine. Sent it back for a full refund and purchased another 4K Firestick which works perfectly. I agree, it's nothing to do with the Netflix app, it's the stick and possibly something to do with the variable refresh rate setting. Anyhow, it's a shame really as I really like the stick, love the software (Amazon is just way to busy and way to many ads but it works!) and imo the pic quality was slightly finer. Maybe I will try them again if they revise the hardware. 

0 Kudos