Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New streaming format

I was happy to find that new programs were back on my local channels, but unhappy to find that you had changed the format.  I am pretty new to Roku but wanted to try it.  I was used to recording everything to watch at my discretion.  I am  over 70 years old and it is sometimes a struggle to learn a new way of doing something, but I had my Roku mastered,  The today I go to watch my shows On Demand and you've changed the way we get to the program.  It now says next episode instead of giving me a list of episodes.  So because I was watching reruns of my favorites during the break it takes me back to the last one I was watching instead of the new show.  Then I have to back out to see the list of episodes.  Have you ever heard the expression, "if it's nor broke". Just letting you know.  It was fine before.   If you even read these.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: New streaming format

Roku is just a platform for companies. What app were you using on your Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Roku itself has no recording capabilities, so you are recording using the recording function on an installed channel app, and viewing recordings via that same app. THAT is what changed, not the Roku which is just a conduit. You need to contact support at that channel.  (By the way, I'm over 70 also.)

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 10

... I'm also in the over 70 club as well.

Are you using a Roku TV by any chance?

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos