Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dugan010

New now TV app doesnt work on Roku express

Jump to solution

Something has changed on the now TV app since the new logo was put on. It's gone from my home screen, I can find it but I can't add the channel it says it's because of my network. Yet o can stream to through all other apps it's just the now TV one. Any ideas. I've tried resetting my network connection but it's like it can't communicate with the now TV servers to download from there.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New now TV app doesnt work on Roku express

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved. We would recommend that you check for manual update on your device and see if you are still experiencing an issue.

For more information about how to check for an update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Steveg4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having same issues , It looks like now tv have updated there app. 

0 Kudos
Steveg4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Drmus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Similar Problem. Can find app using search but when I click on "Go to channel" (or something like that) nothing happens. Have restarted twice but no change

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved. We would recommend that you check for manual update on your device and see if you are still experiencing an issue.

For more information about how to check for an update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chief_
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, it's still not working on my device since the version update

0 Kudos
AMA2010

Jump to solution

I was told to do a factory reset for this and now the remote won't pair.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Chief_

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us with more information? What Roku model device are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you already done to try to resolve the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chief_
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I have a Roku 3930EU Express, software version 9.4.0 build 4200-AE. Now TV version 6.4, build 2.

In terms of the steps I've currently taken.

1) I removed the Now TV app and reinstalled.

2) I removed the Now TV app, performed a system restart and reinstalled the app.

3) I removed the Now TV app, performed a factory reset and then reinstalled the now TV app.

Every time I start the Now app, I get the green screen with Now on it, then the screen goes blank, and the green screen reappears. Then I get the text 'Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable. Please try again later. Retry'

All other channels work fine.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Chief_

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Now TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Now TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.nowtv.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos