Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustr8dRkuUsr
Streaming Star

Re: New code for HD Homerun app on Roku kills my servce

Jump to solution

Yes, quick update by SiliconDust from version 54 to version 55.

That solved the problem. 

All is well.

0 Kudos
Ptrck20011

Jump to solution

Having this same issue on hd homerun prime running 20200521 any ideas

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Cwilkerson

0 Kudos
Yasonrad

Jump to solution

I’m also having this problem. Hdhomerun works great on my PCs, phones, tablets and even my only Apple TV. However it doesn’t work on my Roku Ultra. 

What is the fix for this other than start divestment in Roku?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Contact SiliconDust.  Roku didn't make the channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KD4MNI
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It's January 2023, after years SiliconDust/HDHomeRun has FINALLY updated their crippled Roku app, but its operation is confusing, incomplete and buggy and we also lost the HDHomeRun audio on one of our Samsung HDTVs. We finally restored the audio on our 2009 32" Samsung HDTV (LN32B640R3F) by updating it with Samsung's latest firmware (downloaded from the Samsung website and unzipped onto a USB thumb drive) and experimenting with the Roku audio settings.

There's also new firmware for the SiliconDust HDHomeRun boxes, log in (using a PC with the expanded HDHomeRun user interface) and update manually. This might help with some of the more common problems. SiliconDust has recently discontinued their "SCRIBE" HDTV tuner/DVR boxes, replacing them with new "FLEX" boxes with dual ATSC 3.0 tuners and QAM64/256 support (unencrypted digital cable TV), but lacking the 1 TB internal HDD (a rear USB jack has been added for connecting an external HDD, and their Servio auxiliary 2 TB HDD box is still supported).

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I just noticed the update and it's horrible.  Does no one test anything before sending it out?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KD4MNI
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The new Roku app update is similar to the existing HDHomeRun apps on the Amazon Fire, Android, Apple iOS and MS Windows platforms, but with a subset of functionality. Hopefully it will be refined and upgraded for the Roku community. I haven't been able to find documentation on the SiliconDust website, not even an announcement for this long-awaited update.

0 Kudos