Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustr8dRkuUsr
Streaming Star

New code for HD Homerun app on Roku kills my servce

Jump to solution

The application for HDHomerun on my Roku box was updated 4/28 - 4/30 at some time depending on the Roku model.

This update killed HD Homerun for me. I rebooted every box including my:
HDHomeRun SCRIBE QUATRO
Model: HDVR-4US-1TB
Device ID: 15201E32
Firmware: 20200225

The HD Homerun works fine with the Windows 10 application and the Android App. Has been working for everything great for months on end. The recent 2/25 update of the software had no issues.

Just this new Roku App version upgrade. Killed it on my Roku Ultra, Roku Premier+ and Roku Streaming Stick+.

Version 54.0 killed it.

I can't be the only one seeing this.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frustr8dRkuUsr
Streaming Star

Re: New code for HD Homerun app on Roku kills my servce

Jump to solution

Yes, quick update by SiliconDust from version 54 to version 55.

That solved the problem. 

All is well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
Roku just provides the platform on which to run the various channel apps. The channel apps are provided by each individual channel.

Have you contacted HD Homerun about this?
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Frustr8dRkuUsr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yep, posted in both places.  Everyone that would have this problem would have both devices so it would be great if the answer came that both communities (Roku and Silicondust) would have the answer posted.

Nice to help out everybody.  You never know, there could be a Roku bug that the app and the TV server just uncovered.

0 Kudos
wzcpf2

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I also have the exact same model HD HomeRun Scribe Quatro. Works fine in the Windows app, but no OTA TV channels appear on HD HomeRun Home screen. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

What version of the Roku firmware do you have?  Settings->System->About Software version.  I have a Homerun Connect Quatro, version 54.0 of the channel, and v9.2.0 build 4804-04 of the firmware on my Roku 3 and everything seems to work.  I don't know what the difference between the Scribe and the Connect is.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wzcpf2

Jump to solution

I run a HD HomeRun Scribe Quatro with version 20200225.   My ROKU Ultra LT software version is 9.30 - Build 4138-46.  ROKU is set up to check for updates daily.

Thanks

0 Kudos
KD4MNI
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Reply from SiliconDust Support:

Date: Fri, May 1, 2020, at 10:45 PM
Subject: Roku Interface Non-functional

We released an update today for our Roku app and discovered a bug where it would fail to list TV channels. We are now working to fix the app ASAP. Silicondust Support

KD4MNI
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We've had our HDHomeRun Scribe Quatro since the very first (pre-ordered) and it's been OVER A YEAR since their clumsy, bug-ridden, FEATURE-INCOMPLETE Roku "app" was offered up to us unfortunate early customers. The app still barely works, but we have multiple Rokus so we're "stuck" with it. Here we are, still waiting for the basic ability to schedule recordings, view TV schedules and other things via the Roku interface (they still insist that we have all that functionality at our fingertips if we would just use a computer, iOS or Android device) ... I don't understand their animus towards Roku, it's the most popular streaming interface and growing, you would think HDHR would want to get with the program ASAP.

0 Kudos
Frustr8dRkuUsr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Please add anything you hear from SiliconDust or Roku. Thanks all for joining in the conversation. I make a point to add anything I hear from both Roku and SiliconDust in both communities.

It always seems like every company says it's the other guys fault. We keep them honest and help other users out at the same time.
Thanks all.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

My HDHomeRun channel just updated to v55.0.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.