Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

New buffering mostly on Spectrum app

It looks like other people are having an issue with streaming that they never had before. My buffering started within the last 6 weeks. I mainly use the Spectrum app. The buffering also occurs on other channels. I get over 200mbps from spectrum at all times. I have tried Ethernet and WiFi and I have buffering issues that I haven’t had before. I’ve been using my ROKU Ultra for years with no buffering.Has ROKU found an answer to this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 13

Re: New buffering

Welcome to the unintentionally created club.  I have been experiencing more problems with my own Internet Access than ever before.  Sometimes I can fix at my end.  Sometimes I cannot change as I "share" access with other people both inside and out of my household.  

What I learned to do is be more flexible and do my more serious Internet Activities for the wee hours of the morning.  My own experience doing late night/early morning Streaming, ordering paying bills, and Web Surfing is just like it was pre-Pandemic.  I just have to watch my byte usage and avoid even accidently leaving those Streaming Devices on after I stop using them-and reaching the dreaded data cap of 1 terabyte.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: New buffering mostly on Spectrum app

I feel your pain!!! I’m watching the Spectrum app also and it Keeps BUFFERING ALL THE TIME!!!  I can’t believe that this ROKU company would put out a product that doesn’t work!!! I’M mad at it because it seems to know just when too BUFFER like just when something is going to happen, like the start of a NASCAR Race, Just Before a Touchdown Etc!!!  They need to get this fixed ASAP or it’s time to go to something that is more Reliable like AMAZON!! Jeff 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: New buffering mostly on Spectrum app

It seems like the issue was with my Powerline/Ethernet Networking system in my house. I was getting the buffering even though my Internet Broadband to my house I tested at well over 200mbps. I switched my Powerline boxes to a newer technology from a different company and - happyhappy joyjoy.

0 Kudos