Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mftdaddy

Re: New buffering mostly on Spectrum app

Jump to solution

I started having the same problem too with only my Spectrum app and I agree that it is likely due to the disagreement in contracts. Might switch to Apple since they are making it the consumers' problem now too.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mftdaddy,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend contacting Spectrum directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries.

You can reach Spectrum TV support here: 
https://www.spectrum.net/support/category/tv/ 

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Dkuciel1

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Stream at over 500mps. No issues with other channels just the Spectrum app. Fully agree it knows just when to buffer. Happens at key moments in sporting events constantly. This can not just be a coincidence.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dkuciel1

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that buffering related issues are typically caused by poor connectivity to the wireless network. Have you tried rebooting your wireless network or changing the wireless channel of your router to see if that helps the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bakdawgs

Jump to solution

My mom has this issue. Only one that lives there.  Roku on living room TV and wired in with good speed. Spectrum is constantly buffering. No other apps like Netflix, Disney, Hulu, etc are buffering. 
bedroom TV is Samsung smart TV and wireless and not experiencing the buffering issue. So this leads to a Roku - Spectrum issue.this makes no sense. 

0 Kudos
Pjd813
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In my experience if all apps on are working on wireless and the signal is making it to the wireless TV then all of your apps are making it to your router. If the wired device is having an issue it’s either the router, the wiring (yes, Ethernet connectors go bad), or any switches or Powerline boxes between the router and the device. Powerline boxes sit there quietly doing their thing until they don’t. They either need to be rebooted every once in a while by unplugging and replugging them in, or heat degradation over time means they need to be replaced or upgraded. I replaced/upgraded my Powerline boxes when I had this issue a year ago and all has been well since.

0 Kudos
Buck10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've got a good router and rebooted it 3 days ago.   Everything works without buffering except Spectrum.  Last night it did it 3 times in 3 minutes.   I just turned off the tv.   Spectrum just raised my bill 3 months ago and I've had more problems than ever..   Just going to have to stop their tv service and pay for something that works

Pjd813
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeah... I get it.. Spectrum has gotten way out hand with their billing and it was always excessive to begin with. My point about the Spectrum service/signal Vs. your equipment is this: the stream you are watching that is coming to the house from Spectrum is the same whether its sent then by your router over WiFi or a wired connection. At the point that the Spectrum signal hits your router - and it is THEN split into a wired or wireless transmission to your devices - it becomes a you problem, whether it's your network or your Roku box. The signal makes it to your router just fine and gets transmitted over WiFi - but does not get there over a wire. The issue, if not the router, is somewhere between the router and the ROKU. Everything else on my home network was peachy keen and Spectrum over ROKU was the only thing giving me grief. Once I upgraded my Powerline boxes all has been smooth for over a year, including Spectrum. Not looking to be contentious, just trying to clarify my point.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Spectrum directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spectrum channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
jamesgerboc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Do not recommend people delete the Spectrum app from their Roku. There are warnings all over spectrum that if you do that you will not be able to reinstall it. Someone has to take accountability for these issues. Spectrum recommends the use of Roku technology. I put one on 6 TVs because the only alternative was a box the size of a stereo receiver. If they recommend it they need to support it.