Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pjd813
Binge Watcher

New buffering mostly on Spectrum app

Jump to solution

It looks like other people are having an issue with streaming that they never had before. My buffering started within the last 6 weeks. I mainly use the Spectrum app. The buffering also occurs on other channels. I get over 200mbps from spectrum at all times. I have tried Ethernet and WiFi and I have buffering issues that I haven’t had before. I’ve been using my ROKU Ultra for years with no buffering.Has ROKU found an answer to this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New buffering mostly on Spectrum app

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Spectrum directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spectrum channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
Iona-D
Roku Guru

Re: New buffering

Jump to solution

Welcome to the unintentionally created club.  I have been experiencing more problems with my own Internet Access than ever before.  Sometimes I can fix at my end.  Sometimes I cannot change as I "share" access with other people both inside and out of my household.  

What I learned to do is be more flexible and do my more serious Internet Activities for the wee hours of the morning.  My own experience doing late night/early morning Streaming, ordering paying bills, and Web Surfing is just like it was pre-Pandemic.  I just have to watch my byte usage and avoid even accidently leaving those Streaming Devices on after I stop using them-and reaching the dreaded data cap of 1 terabyte.

ROUT6055

Jump to solution

I feel your pain!!! I’m watching the Spectrum app also and it Keeps BUFFERING ALL THE TIME!!!  I can’t believe that this ROKU company would put out a product that doesn’t work!!! I’M mad at it because it seems to know just when too BUFFER like just when something is going to happen, like the start of a NASCAR Race, Just Before a Touchdown Etc!!!  They need to get this fixed ASAP or it’s time to go to something that is more Reliable like AMAZON!! Jeff 

Pjd813
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It seems like the issue was with my Powerline/Ethernet Networking system in my house. I was getting the buffering even though my Internet Broadband to my house I tested at well over 200mbps. I switched my Powerline boxes to a newer technology from a different company and - happyhappy joyjoy.

AJ86

Jump to solution

I’m wondering if this is happening due to Roku and Spectrum not renewing the contract for Roku to keep them as an app? I never had any problems until about a week or 2 ago. It’s driving me insane. I moved to Georgia and we don’t have spectrum so I have my account open in SC at my moms and this is the only way I can watch spectrum. They better fix this 

Tsurdam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My spectrum app on the Roku has been getting worse and worse by the week and it all started about two weeks ago I was thinking exactly the same thing because Roku and spectrum are fighting the customers have to suffer wonder if Roku is throttling back on the speed so we eventually uninstall the app and then can’t reinstall it. Because were paying spectrum for the app they’re getting the money and they’re not passing it along to Roku. So why would Roku want to get rid of spectrum they’re showing it and not getting paid for it .I say sarcastically

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tsurdam

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Buck10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing here.  I have purchased 4 roku players and use them on each tv.  Loved them until now.   My streaming tv is usually Spectrum with over 400mbs.   They constantly buffer when I'm watching a program and I'm getting disgusted.  I've given them many customers with my advice, and now they have a war with spectrum.  They need to quit fighting and fix it.   They are doing more harm to themselves than good

Jump to solution

I agree it’s getting worse AND the Roku company will not allow its customers to call directly. They take your money but have no accountability so I’m wondering if more regulation is in order.  The buffering is out of control so bottom line is I’m not getting what I pay for when I can’t watch a program uninterrupted!!!!

larryln

Jump to solution

Hi

I am having the same problem with buffering. The issue started a week or so ago BUT it's also happening on my iPad and desktop (Dell) computer when logged into Spectrum. The iPad is a Spectrum app but the desktop is their website.  I am using Roku on my television only so I'm leaning toward it being a Spectrum issue with their service.  My connection speed is over 400MB.