Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clatimer
Level 7

New Tennis Channel w/o cable provider how to make it work

I just subscribed to Tennis Channel in my iphone, when trying to sign in using Roku Channel it says to Activate online, but is asking me for a cable provider which we do not have…  we only have internet provider and stream all channels

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Tennis Channel w/o cable provider how to make it work

You can perhaps mirror the Tennis Channel content to your TV through Roku (or RokuTV) if compatible since you have an iPhone using Airplay and Homekit.

Here is Roku's help and info on it.  https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733#!  

Another method is to stream on a device (laptop/tablet) that allows you to HDMI to your TV.

I am not an Apple user, so perhaps others could add if there is a better method.

There are various ways of streaming desired content/subscriptions to your Roku devices without a cable or television provider.  There is casting, mirroring, and physical HDMI cable.  I am just not sure which is the easiest for Apple users.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Tennis Channel w/o cable provider how to make it work

@Clatimer wrote:

I just subscribed to Tennis Channel in my iphone, when trying to sign in using Roku Channel it says to Activate online, but is asking me for a cable provider which we do not have…  we only have internet provider and stream all channels

Since you have a subscription direct from tennischannel.com you use that to login using the "Subscription" sign in option, NOT the "Provider" sign-in option:

Open the Tennis Channel app/Settings/My Account/Subscriptions/Sign in

https://help.tennischanneleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016405740-How-to-sign-in-using-Roku#te...

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos