Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RowdyMiller
Level 7

New State Old State Channels

Hello Community,

I tried searching to see if this was an issue already resolved before I posted.  I apologize if it has already been resolved and I couldn’t find the resolution.  

Here is my situation, I purchased two Roku devices in Pennsylvania in 2019 and had them up and running with no issues.  I moved to Texas in 2020 and used the devices enroute and in Texas with no issues as far as watching channels.

My issue is now that I’m in Texas and want to watch my local channels I still only see Pennsylvania news channels.  How do I resolve this issue without having to buy new Rokus from Texas? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: New State Old State Channels

@RowdyMiller wrote:

Hello Community,

I tried searching to see if this was an issue already resolved before I posted.  I apologize if it has already been resolved and I couldn’t find the resolution.  

Here is my situation, I purchased two Roku devices in Pennsylvania in 2019 and had them up and running with no issues.  I moved to Texas in 2020 and used the devices enroute and in Texas with no issues as far as watching channels.

My issue is now that I’m in Texas and want to watch my local channels I still only see Pennsylvania news channels.  How do I resolve this issue without having to buy new Rokus from Texas? 

Which channel app(s) are you using on your Roku to view the local channels?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
RowdyMiller
Level 7

I am using the ATT app which is part of my ISP plan here in TX, but it shows PA stations on the ISP plan here.  When I was in PA I had Xfinity. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Might you still be logging into the Xfinity ATT subscription? Try logging out and back in with your new ISP as provider.

Another thought, mIght you be using a VPN using a server in PA?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
RowdyMiller
Level 7

I looked at the xfinity app and I wasn’t signed in.  I wasn’t running a VPN.  Long and short of it is so did a full factory reset.  Cost me a few extra minutes, but it seemed to “reset” the device to my proper region.  When looked at the ATT Universe app after resetting all the channels lined up with the local networks.  

Thank you for your time, patience, and suggestions.  

0 Kudos
Sackerman
Level 7

Do you need to reset each Roku stick?  I have You Tube tv. Do I have to cancel my existing subscription and sign up again?  Also have read that you need to use another e-mail address etc. Is this a fact? Moved from Arizona to Arkansas and still getting Az local channels.  

0 Kudos