Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Jump to solution

For what it's worth, after months of problems with the Spectrum app on a new TCL Roku TV, things seem to have miraculously resolved without us doing anything. We were at the point of getting ready to cancel Spectrum TV and going to YouTube TV--still might, as YTTV is less expensive.  We have only rare buffering, and the picture is almost always fine. I'm not sure if Spectrum fixed its software or if it did something to improve its signal. I do know that there were Spectrum trucks out and about in our neighborhood working on cables, etc. for several weeks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

since I've had the same physical setup for the past 2 years.. and spectrum had been working..with of course the earlier pixilation issues that they have improved... and the fact that all my other streaming apps are running fine.. guess who I'm gonna blame.

it's just a heckuva thing that a major cable/TV provider is the one that is struggling with this stuff.

guess I don't need to watch their **bleep** lineup anyway...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having similar problems. I’m getting error RLP-1002 Network Unavailable. Symptom is excessive buffering of internet streaming. I called service and they identified there is a problem with the Spectrum app and Roku and that they are working the problem and should have it solved by Friday, 8/7. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have been having these same issues for 2 months at least.  I am over seeing the buffering screen.  I have a Roku and Roku stick on my two different TV's.  Spectrum app keeps buffering and my TPLink router loses signal.  I have to reboot and start everything again.  Is it a Spectrum or a Roku problem??  Should I purchase a different streaming device?  I am almost ready to go back to cable and forget streaming all together.  My laptop loses the internet connection when all this happens also.  URG!!!!  BUT, cable box says I am online at all times????

lee42567@hotmail.com

Help.................

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Router losing signal and laptop losing internet sounds like a modem/router (or cable) problem, not a Roku/Spectrum app problem. Have you contacted Spectrum to troubleshoot or to come to your house?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, they have been out and everything is working on their end.  They said everything was connected good and dry.  I use the TPLink router with their modem.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I"m actually an out of footprint customer (nother story I can't talk about).

my cable provider is not Spectrum.

I had initially been ready to blame my local cable folks, their router, or Roku maybe doing  recent update.

All of those things were eliminated..either through tech support, or literally exchanging modem/routers for most current from the cable company.

Also, I've had tech support from them on my box many times and have learned along the way, a number of things to improve performance and reliability for the roku.

my environment is sound.

and good exampl - I can watch STARZ via their streaming app direct..using my Spectrum subsciption to validate. Starz direct streams perfectly, but even before this lastest crashing issues, if I tried to watch Starz through the Spectrum app..it was pixelation central!!..horrible.

and so now, that's basically all I use the spectrum acct for...to direct connect to other streaming channels with that subscription.

HBO being the only exception at this time with the licensing games they are going through..

but between Disney, Prime, and STarz, there really isn't anything I feel I'm missing...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

well, here we are.. Aug 7.

I will plan to test this evening and see if Spectrum has accomplished their fix.

will have my laptop standing by at the roku.com/link page of course to go through the pain of relogging in the stick that results from accessing the Spectrum channel....sigh

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, let me know.  I tried all of the tips and tricks people have said to do here and nothing has helped my buffering issues at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

the buffering is a different problem from the total crash.

what I believe we determined on the buffering /pixelation was that the app just isn't good at managing dithering (nontechnical term), bandwidth.

i constantly have to watch and stay after my local cable provider..what they have me provisioned for, and what I actually get...I have times when the down runs as it should, best can be expected, at just under 600 with an up of around 8.. I can live with that, roku can live with it..one local TV news station will start blurring and then clears up after about 3 seconds once the stream app adjusts..but Spectrum just doesn't seem to handle the variations..now granted, my cable provider should never be dropping from 600/8 to maybe 50/3...that'sbelow tolerances that any of these products should be expected to deal with.

Also, I've got my roku on 2.4 and have it locked on IP so when we get those short drops by the cable folks ...it doesn't loose track of the roku...roku has a setting itself to be sorta invisible to the router pinging for it on lost connect, but what seems to work best is to set the router (Static devices) section...since doing that, I've stopped the constand roku dropping that had really frustrated me before...you loose a router for a split second and your iphone, etc just reacquire, but the roku...nope..making it a static connect really helps. I also run it on 2.4, do not bridge the modem..instead I turn the 5 off on the modem, and run a Google mesh in the house, we have a large home and a single wifi doesn't cover it..so the mesh does great for the iphones/laptops, but you have to disable your primary modem/router else you'll create so much cross chatter that nothing will work well..which reminds me, if you live in a close neighborhood or apartments...the chatter from your neighbors wifi can be a problem too.. and I changed up the channel from the default (40) which I figured the neighbors box is still set on...and that immediately helped.  I'm running as clean as I can run..my fail points are my cable provider failing to maintain SLA, and the one and only streaming channel that just doesn't play well roku.. Spectrum.