Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku...

Jump to solution

zero results in Spectrum support search!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Jump to solution

i imagine roku says it's a spectrum problem.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It is indeed a Spectrum problem, and they've pretty much admitted that. It's apparently some kind of incompatibility with newer Roku systems and with some non-Roku smart TVs. Spectrum would have no real incentive to work on this, as Spectrum TV subscribers could always go back to use Spectrum's cable boxes--at $9.99/month where we are. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Hbilliam wrote:

The Spectrum tech came and NO MAGIC...could not remedy the issue...checked all cable connections, replaced the modem, removed and reinstalled the app, nothing worked...back to the drawing board.

🤦‍♂️ Go figure! Doesnt suprise me that others are having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

And so is their tech-support !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It is definitely a modem, firewall thing. Happened to me and after reviewing my connected devices, I fixed it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

So what is the fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

don't blame him for not sharing the secret fix (if it does), cause Spectrum support should be getting this straightened out.. I'm in my modem right now trying a couple different things..it's just frustrating that the spectrum app crashes the roku each time I test, so I have to go through the whole reboot...and no, the roku is fine..i have disney, prime, many many other apps..and NONE of them have an issue..the spectrum app folks need to grow up and joing the 20th century

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I think If someone says  "I fixed it" and won't share that fix then that person is kind of a tool and just another brick in the wall with what is wrong with people. How fricking hard is it to be helpful and decent to another person.. I am outta this forum. Good luck;

glwharton54

**bleep**!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Adjusting the resolution never fixed my problem. The app just sucks really bad on the roku. 

0 Kudos