Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Jump to solution

I disabled ORBI Armor and that resolved the freezing issue.  Let's see if Netgear can determine the interface problem

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Mine still is not working. I don't have Amor ... I called Netgear and they gave me some settings for the ddns. That made the app stream flawlessly, but the audio would drop in and out. It also did the audio thing to the other apps that were working correctly, so I changed it back to factory. Still no success with the spectrum app. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Factory reset and not enabling Armor fixed the issue for me. However, I still believe Spectrum made a change as I hadn't changed settings on the Orbi or updated firmware in months and the Armor trial had been expired for months as well.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I reset my Orbi to factory settings then reinstalled it via the Orbi app just as I did the day I received it.  It offered a free trial of Armor and I declined.  Spectrum app has been working for almost an hour without freezing.  Had to be the Armor security causing it.  Just so happened the Spectrum app started freezing around the time the original "free trial" expired.  

Joey

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Turning off Armour appears to have solved the problem here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got rid of my Orbi and got an erro system.  Everything works just fine now.  My daughter’s Chromebook is even able to connect to the internet now.  It wouldn’t work the entire time we had the Orbi.  Worked just fine on other networks, just not at home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with Spectrum streaming through a Roku stick via a Netgear Orbi system with Armor powered by Bitdefender with a free trial that expired 2 weeks ago.  After multiple "factory resets" of the Orbi hardware using the Apple iPhone App and several hours on the phone with Spectrum, Netgear, and Bitdefender it was apparent that there was no way to restart the system with the iPhone App without the Armor Bitdefender automatically reinstalling.  Only when I did a factory reset via the orbilogin.com site on my hardwired computer was I able to decline the reinstallation of the Armor Bitdefender software.

Even though my free subscription expired, the Armor Bitdefender appeared to still be causing severe buffering and problems with my Spectrum streaming App.  Thank goodness for this forum to identify the cause of this problem.  Spectrum and Netgear need to work together to resolve this problem.

Right now the buffering issue has been resolvedon my Spectrum App.  Please don't use the iPhone App to restart your Netgear Orbi system...it doesn't give you a chance to decline the Armor installation.  Use the Orbi installation App through a hardwired installation instead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

No Orbi, no Armour, so can't blame that. I spoke with a Spectrum rep (again) on Friday. She said there's a known problem of the Spectrum app/channel with newer Roku devices and also with Samsung TVs.  I had told here we have a Roku stick that works fine on another TV, but that stick is older than the Roku TV we got which is brand new.  She was very apologetic, says large numbers of people are affected and that they're "working on it." She reassured me that there's nothing we are doing wrong, and nothing we can really do about it. It was refreshing to hear Spectrum own up to the problem instead of making suggestions about the modem, router, etc.  I've seen complaints about the Spectrum app on other discussion boards that date back to at least 2018, so this is not new, and not just Roku.  We are still having signal problems, some days/times worse than others. But, for the most part Spectrum channels are now mainly watchable if you can put up with periodic blurring and freezing.  It might be worthwhile trying to get a temporary refund on Spectrum TV until they fix the app, but they could always turn around and say to reinstall the cable box (at about $10/month where we are)!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

As others have posted, reset the orbi back to factory and did not load armor and spectrum app is now working flawless

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Check your router firewall Change from High to Typical

@Mendon wrote:
I use my spectrum streaming service all day every day. Never had a problem. Evidently they recently changed some software.  Now the app opens, I try switching to another channel, it freezes, then crashes Roku and I get to watch "ROKU" jump up and down 5 times.  This is happening on every tv I own.  

I have 500MPS internet.  Its not that. 

I called Spectrum and they said other people are having the issue. 

No solution.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos