Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Jump to solution

The same is happening to me.  The app was updated a few days ago and I lost all my favorites.  When I added them all back, they were all out of order and I couldn't see all my favorites.  I had to use the "All Channels" option and run through all of the stupid channels I don't watch.  Two days later I started getting an error RLP-999 (or something like that) and it said to try again later.  The next day I contacted Spectrum and was told to uninstall and reinstall the app and then I was timed out and lost the person I was talking to. The day after that I contacted Spectrum again and he wanted me to restart the modem.  I told him there was nothing wrong with the modem and the problem was their app.  Then he wanted to send a tech out to see if they could fix it.  Really?  Send out a tech to fix it.  Then he said he would write up a ticket and I needed to stay on the line while he did so.  He asked me for my account info at which point I was timed out again.  AT WHAT POINT DOES SOMEBODY TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE PROBLEM AND GET IT FIXED?  It doesn't seem to be an isolated problem if there are all these errors. I have an ORBI; however, I've had it for several months now.  My Apple TV works fine in the living room, it's just with my ROKU in the master bedroom.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I spoke with Spectrum again today, they called to give me a status of their troubleshooting and that they just pushed a new software update rev 5.6 3. They had us disconnect/reconnect our Roku sticks and try watching Spectrum with the latest app.  We are still experiencing the same problem as before, the software update did not fix our issue. They have been reviewing the various forums (Ruko, Netgear, Spectrum) and know there are many still experiencing  the issue.  We were told there is another update the the app scheduled to be released on the ninth.  Another tech is coming out tomorrow to look over the configuration and monitor signals. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I an having the same issue...a Spectrum technician is coming out in the morning to continue troubleshooting.  If there is some magic, I will share

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm in the same boat as eveyone else here.  I have Netgear Orbi, which worked fine till about 2 weeks ago.   I have done ALL of the suggested ideas, factory reset, turn off Amour protective software, all to no avail.   Recordings will play for about 3 seconds, the I get a buffering message, then it will give me 5 more seconds, then crash with the 999 1999 error.  I hate that the only app that is not working is the one I pay for and records.  I'll check back and share if I get it to work, but what a pain in the ass.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The Spectrum tech came and NO MAGIC...could not remedy the issue...checked all cable connections, replaced the modem, removed and reinstalled the app, nothing worked...back to the drawing board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

We had the same experience yesterday when the tech came out.  I spoke with Spectrum and they hope the software app update on 2/9 will fix the issue.  They said they are sorry that we had to wait.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same issue and man has it been problematic!!! Thank God for this forum, so I know I'm not crazy!!!

Time Warner is the devil. Looks like YouTube tv for me ... or at least after giving the 2/9 update a chance. Thanks to all on this board who helped. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Dave81,

You got more information than me. I just got off the phone with Spectrum App Support and he didn't say anything about an update on 2/9. He said it was Netgear's problem and that Spectrum had reached out to Netgear and they refused to help. I told him nothing changed on my Orbi, no firmware updates, not using Netgear Armour. Then he told me that Spectrum was a live feed and the other apps weren't. My reply was so when I'm watching a game live on NHL Tv, Espn, or Fox Sports with no problems that's not a live feed? His reply was those aren't live feeds. Idiot. Then he told me I could test by bypassing the orbi by hard wiring and that would prove the issue was Netgear. My reply was no, that just proves there is an incompatibility between the Spectrum App and Netgear, it doesn't eliminate either one as the problem. 

Ridiculous

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

For what it's worth, we just purchased and installed a wi-fi range extender (signal booster) and that seems to have solved at least some of the problems with Spectrum freezing and buffering on our new TCL Roku TV. We got a Rock space dual Band wi-fi repeater.  The router isn't all that far from the TV, but we thought it was worth a shot.  We have a Netgear router, as apparently other posters here do.  Freezing and buffering still are still happening some, but it's very brief now and not as frequent--but still shouldn't be happening at all!!  It seems to happen more in the evening, so I'm wondering if it relates to more users being on Spectrum at that time.   We installed the TV right after Christmas, and the major issues with the Spectrum app started later--couple weeks ago (??). We have a Roku stick on another TV that is closer to the router and have never had any problems with that. A tablet with the Spectrum app will get Spectrum just fine, even when it's in the same room as the Roku TV.  As others have reported, we have no problems with other streaming channels on the Roku TV. If there is indeed another Spectrum app update coming on the 9th, as another poster mentioned, let's hope it improves things for everyone and doesn't make it worse.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I couldn’t log into spectrum app, so called and got that fixed.  But forgot that the stations would pause after 5 seconds. Was very frustrated till I read these reviews.

I also got an Orbi.  So I shut off the armor security that comes with Orbi and there is no longer any problem.