Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Jump to solution

Did you have to remove and reinstall the Spectrum app on the Roku as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ugg this is driving me crazy. The only App not working correctly. The app we have to pay for , our cable company. REALLY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Zoocrew,

Feel your pain and I ended mine by throwing Roku in the trash. Spectrum was the only app not working and believe me I tried everything!!  Reboot Roku, reboot modem, reboot router, delete app, reinstall app. Spectrum said it was Roku and Roku said it was Spectrum. I've seen others say that Spectrum updated software and a lot of folks are having issues with Roku. Doesn't seem like Spectrum and Roku care to put their heads together and fix it. I've gone with the Appletv box. Works like a charm with Spectrum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

For the past week, every time I started up the Spectrum app on my Roku Premiere, it would freeze roughly 3-6 seconds in. When I switched channels from NBC to ABC or to another station... it had the same freezing behavior. I performed a manual update to the app, removed the channel, added the channel, updated the Roku system, etc. - so I waited a week, and nothing resolved itself. Hopped on the phone today with a support technician for about 30 minutes while we walked through similar steps. Finally, I went into advanced settings to do a full system factory reset. The Roku system reinstalled every channel automatically after the new setup thankfully, too. Now, I haven’t experienced freezing since... albeit only a few minutes thus far. Will continue to update if I see any changes - hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been having this same problem since the Spectrum App was updated. Tried all suggestions posted on here and nothing worked. Has anyone found a solution??? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have been working with Spectrum on this issue.  I contacted the "internet dept" of Spectrum and they generated a work order (apparently they have several with this issue) and are working to resolve.  It appears that my issue is a combination of Spectrum modem, Orbi Router, and Ruko stick.   This is not a combo they had tested before pushing the last software release.  They have been good at contacting me with updates and are hoping to resolve this weekend.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Dave81 wrote:

I have been working with Spectrum on this issue.  I contacted the "internet dept" of Spectrum and they generated a work order (apparently they have several with this issue) and are working to resolve.  It appears that my issue is a combination of Spectrum modem, Orbi Router, and Ruko stick.   This is not a combo they had tested before pushing the last software release.  They have been good at contacting me with updates and are hoping to resolve this weekend.

I also have an Orbi router.  I wonder if that has something to do with my issue too.  It was working just fine though until a week ago though.  I have had Spectrum out to my house and they couldn’t resolve the issue.  My daughter’s Chromebook hasn't been able to connect to the internet since we switched to the Orbi.  Please post back if your issue gets resolved.  It sounds like our cases are similar.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’ve spoken with the Spectrum engineers today and they were thinking the problem is with the Armour security package on the Orbi. There are about 31 cases on this one Spectrum ticket with the same issue.  All have the Armour package activated on their Roku, however we do not.  This added a new  variable to the equation.  Spectrum is currently monitoring our signal with one of our TVs (configured with Roku) to collect data.  They will be contacting us again tomorrow.  I will let you know if this gets resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

There are 2 post for the same issue here on the community.  I have been having this same issue with Roku TV's and the Spectrum app since 1/20/2020 and have done all the uninstall, reinstall, reset modem, reset router, had a technician out to the house and still no fix for this issue.  I do not have an Orbi system in my house so that rules this part of the issue here.  All other apps work fine, just the spectrum app is not.  Now I am finally seeing an error on my screen for the first time which is RLP-1999.  Very frustrating.  Also, this is happening on both wired and wireless TV's.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Okay after a lot of research and help from others on this forum I have fixed my issue.  It appears the issue is with the Spectrum app and Bitdefender, which is what the armor feature is powered by in Netgear routers.  I did not use a Netgear router but I did use the Bitdefender Box 2 as my router and it also has this built in but no way of turning off like you can in the Netgear routers.  I was looking to get a new router anyways in order to set my whole network on Ubiquiti devices so I bought a Unifi USG gateway and installed today and now my spectrum app works again.  If you call Spectrum they are not much help unless you tell them what you read in the forums and even then not much help.  I thank this forum for helping me to resolve my 2 week issue with Spectrum.  Hopefully they will resolve the issue they are having with Bitdefender devices because Bitdefender is an excellent solution for home network security.

0 Kudos