Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Jump to solution
Yes, today
I just cancelled spectrum cable 2 days ago
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also having this problem. I have two routers. I'm only using one at a time. I have a Netgear router that I use. When I'm using this router, I never have the problem. I have a cheaper router made by Tenda. It's the Tenda AC18. Whenever I use this router is when I'm having the problem. I don't understand what the difference is when using each router. It seems to me if I don't have the problem using the Netgear that I shouldn't have the problem when I try to use my other router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku is going through a Google hub mwah network.  I did shift the refresh rate on the out put to a lower frame rate and that helped some.  

Regardless, the Roku is not as high quality as my Fire TV.   But those don’t work with Spectrum and the Sony smart tv won’t play nice with that app either. 

good luck 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Spectrum app is experiencing problems as of midnight last night.  The app will not stream on 3 different Roku devices.  Contacted Spectrum and they said it is a Roku problem.  I have powered off my device, uninstalled/reinstalled the Spectrum app and still no streaming.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MaureenY

Thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry for any incorrect information that you have received, but this is not an issue being caused by your Roku device. This is a service-related issue that Spectrum's channel (app) is experiencing. 

If removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding back the channel didn't resolve your issue, I'd recommend reaching out to Spectrum directly and continue to work with them to request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spectrum channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. 

You can reach them here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes it looks like spectrum changed the roku interface.  Favorites  do not work anymore.  Several other issues like channel recall and sorting  channels.  I would like old interface back.  Who at roku work with providers to fix these applications?  Would like to help by giving move input

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@zgraviss  Thanks for the note here. Channels (apps) on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by each channel provider themselves. Each channel provider directly determines and implements their own channel features and functionality. You'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to share any feedback or suggestions with them. You can contact them here: 1 (833) 267-6094 or online at: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Spectrum app loads, runs for a minute or two, then crashes. My Sharp Roku TV then restarts. This happens continuously until I get pissed off and shut it off completely. All other channels work properly. Why am I paying these clowns for this service if their product DOES NOT work!!😡 It only happens on my Roku TV.... app works fine on my Samsung tvs, phones, sticks, and every other device I own. Regardless of where the issue lies, both Roku and Spectrum should work together to resolve the issue. My 2 cents

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same here.. Just started on both of my devices. Also getting error RLP-1999

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Finally found a fix. Spectrum "refreshed" my app. Kind of like when you first sign up and it doesn't work for two hrs? They deleted it from my account and added it again. After 2 hrs it finally activated again and now works perfect again. 

0 Kudos