Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silverfoxxx
Level 7

Re: Workaround: Use Roku Search and Select Spectrum - It Takes You There Without Crashing

Jump to solution

Had the same problem did a roku system update and seemd to be working now

oddjobs2do
Level 9

Re: Workaround: Use Roku Search and Select Spectrum - It Takes You There Without Crashing

Jump to solution

Doesn't it update automatically.

@silverfoxxx wrote:

Had the same problem did a roku system update and seemd to be working now

damien0527
Level 8

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Jump to solution

What seems to have helped my situation is to plug in your Roku device to an outlet for power and not via the USB port of the TV.

0 Kudos
oddjobs2do
Level 9

Jump to solution

I can't believe that you even posted that period what the **bleep** does the USB to the TV have to do with anything. The app is obviously flawed.

damien0527
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just sharing what helped in my situation which is better than what you’ve contributed so far.

renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

@oddjobs2do wrote:

I can't believe that you even posted that period what the **bleep** does the USB to the TV have to do with anything. The app is obviously flawed.

Using the supplied power adapter instead of the TV's USB port fixes a lot of problems.  Chill out!

oddjobs2do
Level 9

Jump to solution

True at first impression, but contributing worthless information is no more help than somebody mentioning a problem looking for a solution. It just kind of cracks me up because your solution is like saying your wife's hair dryer didn't work well until you put gas in your car. 

0 Kudos
oddjobs2do
Level 9

Jump to solution

Anyone who knows that using the supplied power supply versus some other power supply is a genius in my book. I meanmost people when they get a new vacuum cut the power cord to immediately and then put some other cord on and then instead of plugging it into an outlet they plug it into the cigarette lighter in their car. come on like why wouldn't you use the supplied power supply? And it's a matter of voltage there's no mystery stuff that goes into a power supply that magically makes the spectrum app not work. Why put garbage information about the power supply as a solution it's no better than me and all this garbage I just said just waste space instead of answering the real problem.

@renojim wrote:

@oddjobs2do wrote:

Using the supplied power adapter instead of the TV's USB port fixes a lot of problems.  Chill out!

0 Kudos
damien0527
Level 8

Jump to solution

**bleep** you must have a lot of time on your hands. What are you the Roku community police? The power supply offers both an outlet plug and usb... why is that?
All I said is that the spectrum app gave me problems until I changed that.

Now since you seem to be a Roku app expert why don’t you solve the problem instead of wasting everyone’s time sharing your feelings?

Tinamariefiore
Level 7

Jump to solution

This went awry! Any help with any aspect is welcome!

0 Kudos