Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Jump to solution

Sam, I'd try two things. One, they had to run tests on the line from end to end - there were splitters, barrels etc that make the connection intermittent.

They also had to reset the router from it's default IPV4 to IPV6. That has to be done by the streaming support team. Finally they upgraded the router from their Arris model to the newer Spectrum router that they use on the Gig internet speed product. Mine's is working ok - finally.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree.  This is what I have learned.

1- I talked with a manager at Spectrum who says she is unaware of changes in the streaming service and also says their techs aren't qualified to fix such problems (I feel like I'm in a Presidential debate). 

2-  TCL also denies problems (I have another TCL TV with NO problems).

3-  I am using a Google Nest system and wi-fi is fast.

4-  I have timed the outage and it occurs at 10 minute intervals, independent of when the app is activated.

For others with similar problems, I feel your pain and frustration.  The best news is that I am not alone in this problem.

Bill in Madison WI

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Workaround: Use Roku Search and Select Spectrum - It Takes You There Without Crashing

Jump to solution

I was having the issue of selecting HBO under "Network" menu.  It crashed every time while loading the menu.

However, if I look up an HBO program on Roku Search, it will show Spectrum as a source.  If you click on Spectrum, it takes you right to the HBO program you searched for and plays fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Workaround: Use Roku Search and Select Spectrum - It Takes You There Without Crashing

Jump to solution

My Roku is installed within the television unit.  I cannot find "Roku search" so have not tried your solution.  I did speak with a Spectrum tech who acknowledged that there is an issue between Roku and Spectrum streaming.  I have not trouble streaming premium channels like Disney, Netflix.  Appreciate your input.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Workaround: Use Roku Search and Select Spectrum - It Takes You There Without Crashing

Jump to solution

I wish you the best, I’m done with the spectrum app for now I’m having luck with Hulu and I will knock on wood!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

So frustrating, I totally get it and we shouldn’t have to be doing their technical work!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

So Tina to use Hulu, you probably dropped Spectrum TV - did that leave you with less than a bundle? How much are they charging you for Internet only? They've suggested that if I do as you did - my internet access will cost $80/mo instead of $49 if I had a bundle. Thieves!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just enable ipv6 on your router folks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes I think it’s around 80 , I have no other choice for extremely fast internet ... no bundle 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Removed app reinstalled so many times with no improvement.  None of the other apps do this so it's not the router or roku...it's pos spectrum

0 Kudos