Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mendon
Level 7

New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Jump to solution
I use my spectrum streaming service all day every day. Never had a problem. Evidently they recently changed some software.  Now the app opens, I try switching to another channel, it freezes, then crashes Roku and I get to watch "ROKU" jump up and down 5 times.  This is happening on every tv I own.  

I have 500MPS internet.  Its not that. 

I called Spectrum and they said other people are having the issue. 

No solution.  Is anyone else experiencing this?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Jump to solution

Spectrum is currently experiencing some technical difficulties that may impact the functionality of their service on the Roku platform. Please contact Spectrum support to report what you're experiencing, and request any additional support or updates they can offer.

You can reach them here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Thanks for letting us know about the issue you were seeing. The channel provider has stated that this has now been resolved in their systems. 

Please go ahead and try using the channel again. This issue should no longer occur. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

Jump to solution
Hello! Mines also recently started crashing so I don't think the problem is fixed, I've never had this problem.
mfwchef71
Level 7

spectrum app not working - wont load

Jump to solution

have had for a coule years and went to use on Friday and - error - problem loading app

originally ws just Roku TV now it is all ROKU sticks as well 

[post merged into already existing thread]

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Try removing the Spectrum channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the Spectrum channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
mfwchef71
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Thanks for the reply it was actually an upgrade supposedly Spectrum sent out and I rebooted Modem and router and uninstall and reboot and reinstall on all roku devices- alot of work for a supposed it update if you ask me. 

Jump to solution

I did the same exact thing you suggested, but I still cannot get the spectrum app to work. every time I select that 'channel' it fails to load! Please help!

CP
Level 7

Jump to solution
Nov 15th - just reloaded the app and rebooted process 2X. It still has not fixed the problem. I have a high end Sony TV and with the recent update the Spectrum App glitches and freezes on almost every channel.

It works fine on my TVs with a Fire TV. What’s the next option from ROKU?
Rslaymaker
Level 7

Jump to solution
Not resolved, major issues on the newly released Roku Ultra.... app won't load, DVR stops working around midnight.... lots of issues with recorded shows half the time I have to stream the episode.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Spectrum is currently experiencing some technical difficulties that may impact the functionality of their service on the Roku platform. Please contact Spectrum support to report what you're experiencing, and request any additional support or updates they can offer.

You can reach them here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos