Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Jump to solution

Yes, is happens on my roku TV  all the time. When I try to switch to a station the hour glass wheel starts and nothing happens until it reboots. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Check your routers security and change to medium, not strong. That fixed mine.

Type this into your browser and will take you to router's homepage. http://192.168.0.1/

@Mgoessling wrote:

Yes, is happens on my roku TV  all the time. When I try to switch to a station the hour glass wheel starts and nothing happens until it reboots. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I believe the roku’s processing power is not enough to run higher resolution of the spectrum app. Setting it to 720p in the roku settings fixed this issue for me. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Spectrum on Roku is junk

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

yes have excellent wifi connection but spetrum app keeps buffering

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Today my mom was watching TV land via the spectrum app off her Roku. 

It froze during an episode of Roseanne. The other channels on the spectrum app work fine but when you go back to tv land it's the same Roseanne scene. 

I removed spectrum app and system restarted many times but tv land still stuck on that same episode in the same spot. 

Any ideas????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same problem, it ONLY happendwhappens the Spectrum TV app. I will be watching using the the app & my tv will reboot back into Roku then I have to select the app again. I have 2 different tvs, on a Roku tv & the other an LG smart TV, it does it in both. I've gone thru all the troubleshooting from Spectrum. I think this rebooting may be responsible for frying the motherboard on my LG which I have to pay $250 to repair!! I called Spectrum & they want to say it's Roku, I said NO it's the MySpectrumTV app, its always been **bleep**. I'm removing the streaming service & going back to Hulu. Thanks for the No Support Spectrum

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I did one time get an honest Spectrum rep who said it was a known problem Spectrum has with newer Roku operating systems and with some brands of smart TVs with non-Roku operating systems.  she said spectrum "is working on it."  But they aren't working too hard, as this this goes back at least to last fall, from what I see on this and other discussion forums. We have one TV with an older Roku stick and the Spectrum app always works fine on that one.  Works fine on our Samsung tablet too.  On our new Roku smart TV (TCL brand) the Spectrum app constantly gives problems. If there are certain channels you regularly watch and they have downloadable channel apps, you could try that and bypass
Spectrum.  For example, we watch public broadcasting a lot (PBS) and they have a downloadable channel app, as does CBS, NBC, and others.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

YES and Either ROKU or Spectrum sucks. I got rid of Set top box rentals opting for for e stuff on Roku but it is horribly unrelieable.. The 2 boxes I have hooked up were great yet. ARRRGGH!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos