Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clr61
Level 7

New Show Guide

This is terribly frustrating for me as a cord-cutter.   I have an over the air DVR and record the CBS Thursday night lineup (Big Bang, Young Sheldon & Mom).
Today, I was watching my Big Bang and about 20 minutes in, I realized, I've seen this episode before!!!  Without a cable subscription, my only option is to record Thursday night from 8-9:30 pm.
The "what's on" roku channel is OK, but won't let me go back in time to yesterday (Thursday).  So what I've been doing is going to the CBS All Access channel to see if there is a new episode of a show.  So I see that Big Bang's last "new" episode was on 4/4.   4/11's show is a rerun.
Is there a simple and free option for the cord-cutter to determine new shows vs reruns.   I'm talking about looking out a few weeks.  Thanks.   I think there is a smart guide but I think that's for Roku TV owners.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: New Show Guide

Have you tried TVguide.com?

Not sure how far out their guide goes..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
windfall
Level 7

Maybe see if https://www.titantv.com will work for you... It displays the original air date usually
0 Kudos
T_J
Level 7

tv dot com goes out 9 days.
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 10

If you wish to track only the shows that you watch, I find the TV Calendar website below quite useful.

TV Calendar

Create an account and you can use the Quick Filter option to scroll through and SELECT the shows that you want it to track for you. It seems to work off of air dates for shows that you would find on sites such as THETVDB.com. Once you have all of your shows selected you can then go into SETTINGS and set up how you would like your Calendar view to displayed. I chose to have TV Show banners displayed along with Season and Episode number as well as Network and Air Time. It displays a month or week view which you can print out. It provides a iCal Calendar link that you can add to your calendar of choice on a smartphone for easy access of what new episodes are coming up. Each episode listed is interactive on the web page, so that you can click on episodes already viewed and they will be grayed out in the web page view.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
clr61
Level 7

I use Titan TV, but haven't yet tried the "TV Calendar" site.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
clr61
Level 7

"blade_005" wrote:
If you wish to track only the shows that you watch, I find the TV Calendar website below quite useful.

TV Calendar

Create an account and you can use the Quick Filter option to scroll through and SELECT the shows that you want it to track for you. It seems to work off of air dates for shows that you would find on sites such as THETVDB.com. Once you have all of your shows selected you can then go into SETTINGS and set up how you would like your Calendar view to displayed. I chose to have TV Show banners displayed along with Season and Episode number as well as Network and Air Time. It displays a month or week view which you can print out. It provides a iCal Calendar link that you can add to your calendar of choice on a smartphone for easy access of what new episodes are coming up. Each episode listed is interactive on the web page, so that you can click on episodes already viewed and they will be grayed out in the web page view.

Thanks I'll give this a try.
0 Kudos