Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: New Roku box. WTF Netflix auto preview?

Jump to solution
"jeffrok" wrote:
Probably gonna drop Netflix and just subscribe sporadically, when there's something I need to see.

That describes me. Just waiting for the next season of Mystery Science Theater 3000, then I'll subscribe again, then unsubscribe when I've watched them.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree. Just “upgraded” today. I will keep my Roku 2 and only watch Netflix on that. It is a horribly annoying feature. Had I known, I wouldn’t have bothered getting the Roku Ultra. Even a simple MUTE button would’ve helped.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Netflix auto preview? Horrible!

Jump to solution

I agree. Just “upgraded” today. I will keep my Roku 2 and only watch Netflix on that. It is a horribly annoying feature. Had I known, I wouldn’t have bothered getting the Roku Ultra. Even a simple MUTE button would’ve helped.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is there a fix for this? It drives me crazy!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@FlynnK wrote:

Is there a fix for this? It drives me crazy!

There is now.

Login to Netflix account via web browser and under ACCOUNT -- PLAYBACK SETTINGS there is now an option to turn off AUTOPLAY PREVIEWS WHILE BROWSING ON ALL DEVICES. You can also turn off AUTOPLAY NEXT EPISODE IN A SERIES ON ALL DEVICES.

FINALLY!!!

Maybe the first good thing to come out of the new streaming wars competition is that Netflix couldn't ignore us forever now that more quality alternatives are available.

Your Netflix Nightmare Is Now Over: How to Turn Off Autoplay Previews 

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Now hopefully Roku will now re-enable automatic refresh rate switching for Netflix in f/w!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’ve done that but the Netflix app still auto plays previews. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same here. Disabled the settings on Netflix Web and trailers/previews still auto play

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Koala wrote:

I’ve done that but the Netflix app still auto plays previews. 

I had to do a RESTART of Roku TV before autoplay previews stopped. SETTINGS -- SYSTEM -- POWER - SYSTEM RESTART. Do not have an external Roku device to know if it has RESTART option in Roku OS menu or just do a power cycle of unit. That should do the trick and free us all from the autoplay previews onslaught!!

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos