Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbruno
Level 7

New Roku Ultra 4670X - where are all the channels?

Just setting up a Roku Ultra 4670X for the first time and there are basically *no* channels I've heard of. I see Netflix, Youtube, that's about it. I'm located in the US.

Where are all the other channels I want to watch? Like prime video, criterion channel, HBO, etc. This device should be supported, those channels should be there. I can't find them on the roku.com website's channel store either.

Device says it has the latest updates 9.4.0 build 4200-46.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HDMIGuy
Level 10

Re: New Roku Ultra 4670X - where are all the channels?

Go to the home screen.  Search for channels you want to add to home screen

0 Kudos
hbruno
Level 7

That's what I'm saying. The channels I want aren't there to add. Only very obscure ones (other than previously mentioned Netflix and Youtube).

0 Kudos
hbruno
Level 7

For example, I look at featured:  WWE, flickr, ifood.tv, 777 slots xl, innovative language, TED, toon goggles, twit... really that's the finest channels they have to offer?

Movies & TV: Netflix, plex, evtv, teleamazonias, the movie channel, yupptv, crunchyroll, happykidstv, tcl, fawesome, vpitv, tfc... etc etc but mmm anything missing?

Ofc I'm saying this with sarcasm, as I've used rokus before and have seen the channel lists. This isn't it.

0 Kudos
hbruno2
Level 7

Found the issue! Apparently when I signed up (on my computer's web browser), I was connected to a VPN which somehow permanently neutered my account. Even disconnecting the VPN or signing in from another device made no difference.

I factory reset my roku, deleted my account and created another without any VPN active, and all the channels are there now! Whew at least I won't have to return the roku Smiley Happy

0 Kudos