Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wimedtypr
Level 7

New Roku Pluto tv app not working

I have the new PlutoTV roku app but it is not working right. occasionally the guide will load but it's very slow. Then I will start to go down the guide to pick something to watch and it kicks me out of the app about 5 Channels down. Happens often. Deleted it and reinstalled to no avail. Thought was maybe my remote so did the resetting of that and nothing. Checked for updates, rebooted Roku, restarted Roku and same issue. My speed is 34. Tried Roku remote app on tablet same thing. Anyone else having this problem? TIA. W.
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Wimedtypr
Level 7

Re: New Roku Pluto tv app not working

Me again. I am using the stick with the wifi fix and I tried to check it out on our other rokus and even after restart, reboot, iodate channels the roku app is not in the store or found in search.
0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 8

I have an HDMI Streaming Stick (3500) running version 7.0 firmware -- I was able to load PlutoTV successfully, but all I can do is make it through the screen setup and initial loading of the channel guide. The application then aborts and returns to the Roku Home Screen.

I've deleted and added the channel twice now, once from the Roku Web Site, and once via the Streaming Channels menu on the device.

Each time, the application makes it as far as loading the channel guide when it aborts.

What model Streaming Stick are you using, is it also an HDMI 3500 version?

Thanks,
Bill
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Wimedtypr
Level 7

Yes I am using same one and having exact problem. It just gets to the guide, I see the first like 5 channels and an empty blue box right side where I believe the show should be. I think once it loaded a full screen channel and it looked great but then when I try to go down the channels it kicks me out of the app. Also odd that the Pluto app is not on my 3 other rokus2s and a 3 in the channel store. I checked yesterday but will check again and I did the reboot, update and restart and the channel is still not available in new or when searched. Well hopefully they will roll out a fix. As we all know these new apps and services improve with time ...usually. Thanks. W.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wimedtypr
Level 7

Tried it in my room on my small tv with roku 3 and it was available and worked. W
0 Kudos
rodb
Level 7

It works very slowly or crashes on my Roku2 ver7
0 Kudos
trothatl
Level 7

It's been glitchy, more so on my Roku 4 than on my Roku 3, but that could be that my Roku 4 is farther from the router and has some speed issues. In any case, I found that it works better if I'm patient and let the channel fully load, including the streaming video and channel guide, before touching any buttons on the remote. If I start hitting buttons before it fully loads, it will freeze and even reboot the Roku.
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

Wow! Back in October people were having troubles with Pluto TV. I added it today on my LT with the software at 7.0, but it will not play, as on tonight 11/20. I have it as as app on my casting Chromestick and I can use that, but I figured with the Roku it would be easier. It jams, I cannot get past the guide and the Roku reboots. It looks like if there is a fix for this it has not been forthcoming. I guess until it does, I will have to continuing using the Chromestick.
0 Kudos
nvmos007
Level 7

Roku 3500X
Was able to load Pluto.TV but when I launch it I only get a flashing PlutoTV screen-dark blue background with lighter blue text lettering and what appear to be space rocks.
Channel guide does not appear.
I'm beginning to wonder if this method of streaming technology is ready for prime time.
An increasingly disappointed adopter...
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

I love the Roku, but there are so many sites I cannot get, so casting with Chrome to the Chromestick works all of the time.
0 Kudos