Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lordplex
Level 7

New Plex Update fails to stream HD content from Synology

Quite like the new interface but the new PLEX App is a disaster as I cannot play HD content from my Synology 214 Play server through a ethernet connection.

Therefore, I am crippled with playing only limited SD content in 2018!

Please fix urgently for an early Christmas present - I've lost half a day messing around testing everything today trying to make it work
0 Kudos
5 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: New Plex Update fails to stream HD content from Synology

"lordplex" wrote:
Quite like the new interface but the new PLEX App is a disaster as I cannot play HD content from my Synology 214 Play server through a ethernet connection.

Therefore, I am crippled with playing only limited SD content in 2018!

Please fix urgently for an early Christmas present - I've lost half a day messing around testing everything today trying to make it work

You would need to contact Plex.  Roku does not make the Plex app.
https://forums.plex.tv/
0 Kudos
lordplex
Level 7

thanks - didn't realise ROKU had nothing to do with it but this app previously working so well on my ROKU is the main reason I own 2 of them!

Fingers crossed PLEX sort out this update as it seems to have caused a lot of problems
0 Kudos
lordplex
Level 7

thanks - didn't realise ROKU had nothing to do with it but this app previously working so well on my ROKU is the main reason I own 2 of them!

Fingers crossed PLEX sort out this update as it seems to have caused a lot of problems
0 Kudos
Dakotah
Level 7

The new update wipes out most of the user-defined settings...including the play-back quality settings. Make sure you go in there and set them to "original" or whatever you were using prior to the update. Failing to do so can cause unnecessary transcoding that your Syno may not be able to do effectively. 
0 Kudos
wildsprite
Level 7

I have been suggesting most people move from plex if it is giving them issues. the new ui is terrible and loses functionality
Emby while not as good as plex used to be is better than plex is now and you get more functionlity with emby without premium than you do with plex without premium
0 Kudos