Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 12

New Peacock Streaming Platform's Mini-Preview

https://www.peacocktv.com/

I thought all of you here might want to know the official website for the Peacock streaming service is now up and running in a limited way.  

There is not much there right now.  Although you have the option to enter your own email address for more alerts and information as it happens.  I entered mine!  Perhaps you might want to as well.  So you won't miss the debut & sign up of this platform in just a few months. 

I do hope that Roku will offer this app/channel on it's Channel Store when the time comes.

41 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: New Peacock Streaming Platform's Mini-Preview

lOOks like a cool phenomenon to happen.

I also hope they create a Roku Channel.

We should ask Peacock or MSNBC for it.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

So is it "free" ad supported and $5 to remove the ads?  That might be worth it.  If it is $5 for simply "less ads", not sure I can play that game.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

If I remember: Free=limited selection of shows with ads. $5=all shows with ads (Comcast TV users will get this version for free I think.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@andyross wrote:

If I remember: Free=limited selection of shows with ads. $5=all shows with ads (Comcast TV users will get this version for free I think.)

That's unfortunate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

"......So is it "free" ad supported and $5 to remove the ads?  That might be worth it.  If it is $5 for simply "less ads", not sure I can play that game....."@twiceover

I'm giving Peacock a month after it's July debut to see what exactly is offered-especially for the new original content that's promised.  If I like the complete line up offered, I'll subscribe for 5 dollars a month for all content with some ads thrown in to help pay for my viewing as the free option does automatically.   If not, I'll continue on with the just the freebie option.

I recommend a "wait and see" approach, then go from there.  I believe in giving the emerging streaming platform a chance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Yeah, I would at least give it a go.  But I'd rather pay something like $10 to remove ads entirely.  Paying to limit ads isn't something I'm personally interested in.  For some people, sure that's OK for them.  Just not anything I'd willingly do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

One of Streaming's own strengths is the great choice that each participant has.  All is needed is to freely exercise it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Peacock on the Clock: Roku, Amazon and Google App Deals Remain...

"With 35 days to go before ad-supported and subscription iterations of Peacock launch beyond the Comcast pay TV ecosystem, NBCU still hasn’t locked up deals with Roku and Amazon to get support for the Peacock app on the Nos. 1 and 2 device platforms. And Peacock also doesn’t have yet in place a deal with Google for the top mobile platform, Android, as well as connected TV device ecosystems Android TV and Chromecast."

https://www.multichannel.com/news/peacock-on-the-clock-for-roku-amazon-and-google-deals

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

@twiceover wrote:

But I'd rather pay something like $10 to remove ads entirely. 

I think you are in luck. Below are the pricing tiers I last saw.

• Free: Ad-supported; 7.500 hours of content.
  • $5/month: Ad-supported; 15,000 hours of content including Peacock Originals. (Free to Comcast and Cox cable subscribers.)
  • $10/month: Commercial-free; 15,000 hours of content including Peacock Originals. ($5/month to Comcast and Cox cable subscribers.)

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos