Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcmolet
Level 7

Re: New Channels on Roku

"hmahesh" wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback.
Our website is www.dreamtvs.com and NOT www.dreamtvs.tv.

Please visit our site - DreamTV - at www.dreamtvs.com.

Thanks

Your team has done a great job. Thanks for bringing your content to Roku!
0 Kudos
rekk1986
Level 7

I had to update manually and now these channels are in my Roku
The [url=http://www.practicebuildingcenter.com/public/Chiropractor_Marketing_Video_Episode59.cfm:30r7fejn]Roku[/url:30r7fejn] digital video player
0 Kudos
KennyJ
Level 7

"rekk1986" wrote:
I had to update manually and now these channels are in my Roku

I could be wrong, but generally you don't need to update to see new channels... you just need to visit the channel store. Could you not see these channels until you did a firmware upgrade?
0 Kudos
BoloMKXXVIII
Level 7

I have tried DreamTV and Smugmug. I feel both have something to offer us Roku users. I find it interesting that the Roku web page lists DreamTV but not Smugmug among the channels offered.
The NSA is the largest criminal organization in the United States.
0 Kudos
jcmolet
Level 7

"BoloMKXXVIII" wrote:
I find it interesting that the Roku web page lists DreamTV but not Smugmug among the channels offered.

I also found that to be interesting/odd. Not so sure what differentiates SmugMug from the other channels. The only thing I can think of is it's the only one developed from the public release of the SDK?
0 Kudos
scyber
Level 7

"jcmolet" wrote:
"BoloMKXXVIII" wrote:
I find it interesting that the Roku web page lists DreamTV but not Smugmug among the channels offered.

I also found that to be interesting/odd. Not so sure what differentiates SmugMug from the other channels. The only thing I can think of is it's the only one developed from the public release of the SDK?

As kc8pql mentions above, the smugmug channel was developed by a user, not smugmug. B/c of this, Roku may not be able to promote the channel itself b/c they don't have permission from smugmug itself. At least that would be my guess.
0 Kudos
mega1026
Level 7

i don't know about this fellas.... "hmahesh" is a pretty "arab stuff" sounding kind of name.... don't trust it!
0 Kudos
jcmolet
Level 7

"scyber" wrote:
"jcmolet" wrote:
"BoloMKXXVIII" wrote:

As kc8pql mentions above, the smugmug channel was developed by a user, not smugmug. B/c of this, Roku may not be able to promote the channel itself b/c they don't have permission from smugmug itself. At least that would be my guess.

Sounds somewhat reasonable. However, while I can see EroticVision not seeking to be advertised in the Channel Store (from Roku's perspective and their own), I am not sure why SmugMug would not want to be advertised.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 8

...or it may be that they just haven't gotten around to adding SmugMug to the website lineup yet. Dream TV has been in development for a long time. It as part of the original channel store beta but wasn't released with the others for some reason. The work to add it to the website was probably already done.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

"mega1026" wrote:
i don't know about this fellas.... "hmahesh" is a pretty "arab stuff" sounding kind of name.... don't trust it!

LOL.. I hope you're joking, because if you're being sarcastic, I think it's hilarious.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos