Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kc8pql
Level 8

Re: New Channels on Roku

"KennyJ" wrote:
"Village Idiot" wrote:
http://www.dreams.tv/english/
seriously all i got when i went there was a screen saying skip inro.
OK i skipped intro and it went 100% arab on me.
If you guys are finding something other then arab on dreamtv post a link.


Maybe if you went to the correct URL:
http://www.dreamtvs.com/

Or to the Channel on the Roku.

Correct. You're not looking at the right website.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
mega1026
Level 7

Re: New Channels on Roku

this makes the arab stuff funnier
0 Kudos
trksh22
Level 7

Re: New Channels on Roku

"BoloMKXXVIII" wrote:
I suspect it will be like Mediafly when it first started.


So does this mean that MediaFly has been fixed? I got so upset at it never working I just removed the channel altogether.
0 Kudos
BoloMKXXVIII
Level 7

Re: New Channels on Roku

I watched a documentary on the 15th bomber wing (WW2 era) on DreamTV. It played without buffering and the quality was OK (not Netflix quality, but watchable). I will have to look for more content like that. Smugmug works well, but I currently use photobucket and don't want to change over.
The NSA is the largest criminal organization in the United States.
0 Kudos
KennyJ
Level 7

Re: New Channels on Roku

"trksh22" wrote:
"BoloMKXXVIII" wrote:
I suspect it will be like Mediafly when it first started.


So does this mean that MediaFly has been fixed? I got so upset at it never working I just removed the channel altogether.


Depends on what you mean by working. There are some videos that will never play on the Roku with the current firmware because the video's encodings are incompatible. There are some videos that will never play on the Roku unless the provider has the server bandwidth capable to stream video.

I believe most, if not all, the videos currently in the "Popular Videos" section work. Anything you add on your own can be hit and miss. I am apparently very lucky -- because I think about 90-95% of the videos I've added myself work fine.
0 Kudos
trksh22
Level 7

Re: New Channels on Roku

Thanks Kenny. It's the content that I added myself that won't work - even though it's from their site. (The Railroad channel!!) Oh well, hopefully someone else will come up with a channel where personal RSS feeds will work.
0 Kudos

Re: New Channels on Roku

Well when i had done a web search what came up was that arab link to dreamtv.
The correct one never showed up with my yahoo web search. Go figure.
Anyway i looked at the correct one and was not impressed.
Saw a clip about a CHESS show only to find out its in Swedish.
Saw a movie clip where some buffoon walks in to a tree. Not interested in that either.
Then i finally made it to the list of movies.
The only ones i knew were old ones like Basil Rathbone as Serlock Holmes.
I can see them for free with Watch Instantly.
I can't see paying for this channel.
Power to those that love it. Hope they enjoy it.
Would be nice to see a MAJOR channel soon.
0 Kudos
philsoft
Level 8

Re: New Channels on Roku

"trksh22" wrote:
Thanks Kenny. It's the content that I added myself that won't work - even though it's from their site. (The Railroad channel!!) Oh well, hopefully someone else will come up with a channel where personal RSS feeds will work.


personal RSS feeds work with Mediafly. The Roku DVP is not currently capable of decoding many types of video, so unless you get a channel that re-encodes the video on the fly into a compatible format, those videos just aren't going to play.

I would very much like to see the DVP add support for flash video. That would take care of the majority of these issues I believe.
0 Kudos
trksh22
Level 7

Re: New Channels on Roku

Yeah, that does make sense because it did work on my computer and just not on the ROKU. I wonder why there aren't more custom channels? I mean, if I can fancy up my gps to do things its not made to do, or people can fancy up their TiVo's, why aren't more people messing around with the Roku? Too new maybe?
0 Kudos
KennyJ
Level 7

Re: New Channels on Roku

"Village Idiot" wrote:
Well when i had done a web search what came up was that arab link to dreamtv.
The correct one never showed up with my yahoo web search. Go figure.
Anyway i looked at the correct one and was not impressed.
Saw a clip about a CHESS show only to find out its in Swedish.
Saw a movie clip where some buffoon walks in to a tree. Not interested in that either.
Then i finally made it to the list of movies.
The only ones i knew were old ones like Basil Rathbone as Serlock Holmes.
I can see them for free with Watch Instantly.
I can't see paying for this channel.
Power to those that love it. Hope they enjoy it.
Would be nice to see a MAJOR channel soon.


I believe the channel description itself has the domain name.
The Chess show is in Swedish, with English subtitles.
I haven't seen anywhere yet where Dream TV is charging for their content.

We'd all like to see a major channel soon. But, the SDK is out there and I'm not going to complain every time a new channel gets added that doesn't meet my interests.
0 Kudos