Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmwalker
Reel Rookie

Re: Network errors with multiple channels

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue with Disney+ and ESPN+.  I’ve talked to Disney 4 times and ESPN x2.  I’ve talked to LG and Spectrum.  The only people I can’t talk to are at Roku.

ESPN said to ask Roku to help me fully delete the channel and reload it.   Just removing and adding back didn’t work.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jmwalker

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again.

In addition, have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmwalker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you but I have tried those steps multiple times with no success.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jmwalker

Thanks for the follow up.

In order for us to better understand the issue you are seeing, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-are you seeing any specific error messages on screen when you run into this issue

With more information we will be able to investigate further and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmwalker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This would be easier if I could just call you.  I appreciate any effort to help though.  We have 4 Rokus.  I’m providing info on the first two via the photos.  The issue happens on Disney plus and ESPN plus.  I’ve spoken with those companies multiples times and they do not have a solution yet.  I hope you can sort this out. #1#1

#2#2

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Jmwalker wrote:

This would be easier if I could just call you.  I appreciate any effort to help though.  We have 4 Rokus.  I’m providing info on the first two via the photos.  The issue happens on Disney plus and ESPN plus.  I’ve spoken with those companies multiples times and they do not have a solution yet.  I hope you can sort this out.

Roku does have a customer service number:  (816) 272-8106

However, it is limited to account/billing and first time setup/activation issues.

There is chat/email available, but it is not available for your model:  https://support.roku.com/article/208757038

Since the two channels/services that you are having issues with are in fact from the same company and heavily linked, they should be the primary contact for your issue.

If you havent contacted their CS and verified that they arent blocking your IP/PoP or havent otherwise corrupted your account, you should do so.

When reinstalling the ESPN app, I highly recommend:

1) Log out (of all accounts) within the ESPN app (Settings/Account Information)

2) Remove the ESPN app

3) RESTART your Roku

4) Re-install the ESPN app

0 Kudos
scb01467
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

tracker ID 48-444-499

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: YJ000K101348 (CK48A0101348)
Software version: 10.5.0 build 4198-46
Timestamp: 2021-11-05T16:19:42Z

Network errors on many apps.  Roku channel after app update check (no version change)

Roku Channel app won't start showing content

Prime Video has error on start

No apps function

0 Kudos
Ckrause381

Jump to solution

I am having this issue now.  Netflix works, but my other channels don't. 

0 Kudos
Smitty1

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Started last night 10/03/2022. Several apps: HBOMAX, HULU, Paramount+, YOUTUBE, PHILO. NETFLIX seems to work fine. Restarted the ROKU several times, restarted my wireless and internet modem.  Still not working. 

0 Kudos
jmarkley

Jump to solution

Same issue as well.  Also started last night.  Youtube, Youtube tv, Paramount, Hulu, Disney Plus do not want to load.  Netflix worked fine.  

Restarted my internet, my roku, uninstalled the youtube tv app.  Nothing has worked.  Super frustrated as well.

0 Kudos