Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
texturtle
Reel Rookie

Network errors with multiple channels

Jump to solution

Let's preface this by stating a few things: I have three Roku Ultra devices. I am a network engineer. All three devices have a wired connection. I am not having internet problems. I have no problems with my smart TVs, only the Roku devices.

All of my Roku devices are generating network errors on multiple channels, primarily Hulu and Sling which are the two I watch most often, but also Disney+ and Paramount+. Netflix seems to work fine (which is another indicator this is a ROKU issue and not a network issue). Anyone else having similar issues?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
texturtle
Reel Rookie

Re: Network errors with multiple channels

Jump to solution

This is extremely frustrating. After giving up and doing something else, suddenly everything seems to have fixed itself. I can only assume there was something external to my environment that was causing the issue. Thanks for all the help/suggestions everyone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Could you be more specific when you state "generating network errors on multiple channels"?  Are you getting a specific error message on your Roku devices? or are you seeing a network error listed in a networking equipment log?

0 Kudos
RaymondPri

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same thing. Disney+ and ESPN+ are not working. I'm not having issues with Discovery+.

When I launch ESPN I get a black screen with Okay in a white box.

When I launch Disney+ I get an Error that says something went wrong, try again later. Other apps like Netflix work ok.

Happened with recent update. I use Roku Insignia 7301X and my Amazon TV that uses the same network in the house isn't experiencing the same issue.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RaymondPri wrote:

I am experiencing the same thing. Disney+ and ESPN+ are not working. I'm not having issues with Discovery+.

When I launch ESPN I get a black screen with Okay in a white box.

When I launch Disney+ I get an Error that says something went wrong, try again later. Other apps like Netflix work ok.

Happened with recent update. I use Roku Insignia 7301X and my Amazon TV that uses the same network in the house isn't experiencing the same issue.

It may be that you are experiencing known service related issues with Disney-related services (including outages and IP blocking) - you should contact Disney+/ESPN+:  https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Otherwise you can:

1) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now).

2) Restart your Roku TV (Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart).

3) Remove apps, RESTART Roku TV, Re-install apps.

0 Kudos
texturtle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I mean the channel will display a network error instead of function.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @texturtle,

Thanks for reaching out on Community. 

Have you tried the solution that was previously posted by @StreamerUser?

If yes and you are still having any issues with an error message of " Content not available this time" and after following the basic playback troubleshooting steps, kindly provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Big-Jim

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick +.  When I check the network, I am connected to the internet.  However, I cannot load content from any streaming channel including the Roku channel.  I get messages like "No network connection"  or "Cannot load content".

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@texturtle wrote:

I mean the channel will display a network error instead of function.

You didnt mention your model #(s) or firmware version(s):  Settings/System/About.

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading:

1) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

4) Remove app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/System restart), Add app - try again

5) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Big-Jim wrote:

I have a Roku Streaming Stick +.  When I check the network, I am connected to the internet.  However, I cannot load content from any streaming channel including the Roku channel.  I get messages like "No network connection"  or "Cannot load content".

1) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

2) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

3) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

4) Verify your modem/router/gateway firewall is off/low setting or otherwise isnt blocking deevices/connections.

0 Kudos
texturtle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is extremely frustrating. After giving up and doing something else, suddenly everything seems to have fixed itself. I can only assume there was something external to my environment that was causing the issue. Thanks for all the help/suggestions everyone.

0 Kudos