Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
archielp
Level 7

Network Error Occurring Only in YouTube

i need help everytime i try to click on a youtube video it says "network error"youtube unavailable try again later. im getting sick of it  .how do i stop it from doing thaat? ive tried  removing the app , and reinstalling it. still wont work. it used to work perfect till about 3 weeks ago.. now it does it all the time. help please. youtube is my most used app

6 Replies
Highlighted
toastqueen
Level 8

Re: Network Error Occurring Only in YouTube

I don't have anything to add except, I am having this same problem with YouTube and YouTube TV. I have been having it since mid-December, and my Roku worked perfectly fine up until now, for several years in fact. I cannot find another app with the same problem.

I have been working with Roku support since the 22nd of December, going back and forth trying everything they tell me to, and nothing has worked. I have not received a reply since the 2nd, so I assume they're giving up on me.

This is exceptionally frustrating because I really only use my Roku for YouTube and YouTube TV, and I'd really like to keep my Roku. I hope they fix this soon, and if I happen to find a solution, I will post it here. But at this point, it appears that I'm going to end up selling my Roku so I can purchase something that actually works.

EDIT: It would appear that Roku realized they were the ones with the problem -- not YouTube, as they have told other people, and applied a system update. Now both YouTube and YouTube TV are working properly again, after almost a month. I would try to update your Roku to see if it resolves.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HisSvt2
Level 9

What device and version of the Roku software fixed it for you? I have a TCL P605  that has this issue and a Roku ultra box that did too 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
toastqueen
Level 8

I have a Roku 4, and the version that fixed the issue for me is 9.2.0, build 4807. But I am confused about the issue, I'm not quite sure why some people had the issue and not others. For instance, my parents have a Roku Ultra (2019 model), and they did not have the problem, but you did.

Also, my sister has the same model Roku as I do, the Roku 4, and did not have the issue. But hers is "newer" than mine. I got mine several years ago when the model first came out, and she's only had hers for maybe 2 years. Perhaps the issue is tied to the older devices? Like I said, I'm not sure. But I am very confused about it, because I would have expected all the devices of the same type to experience the issue, not just some of them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HisSvt2
Level 9

I’ll have to check my Roku ultra box it just got that update but my 55 inch TCL P605 4K tv 2017 model is on 4502 and does it constantly. And has no updates when I check it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
siphon
Level 8

It's definitely not confined to older devices. I have a nearly new Ultra (bought late 2019) that does this now with the latest versions. At least it says there are no available updates to either the system or YT channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
toastqueen
Level 8

Yeah, I wasn't sure. I'm having the issue again on my Roku, and have been having it since about a week after it was "fixed." At this point I'm not even trying to contact support, since I know they'll tell me to do all the **bleep** I tried before that doesn't work.

I only really use YouTube and YouTube TV, so as of right now I have a fancy paperweight, and I'm so sick of not being able to use a paid service (YouTube TV) on my TV because Roku can't get it together. I've been seriously considering buying a Firestick instead -- I hope I don't have to, but that's where I am right now.

0 Kudos