Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mallyrow
Level 7

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

I have the 3900X and I am experiencing the same issues. Can't believe either that this has been a problem since early April it hasn't been resolved!! 
0 Kudos
sherrina29
Level 7

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

So, I was having this same issue. What worked for me was this:
1. Report loading problem to roku by going to The Netflix widget, press * on remote and click on give us feedback.
2. Remove channel.
3. Unplug stick from tv and power sources for 30 seconds.
4.Reattach power source and hold rest button on side of stick until light blinks.
5.Plug stick back into tv.
6.Reboot Roku and login, however when asked to verify auto channell loads, UNCHECK NETFLIX!!!
7. Continue with setup, and once completely finished, add Netflix manually by clicking the Netflix button and the add channel.

This worked for me, hope it helps someone else too. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jcohen94
Level 7

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

Just a healthy update from September....
I have a 3812 model and it experiences the same crash where it won't let me enter a profile and just sends me back to the Roku homepage, occasionally providing me with a tvq-st-103 error code which is another network connectivity issue (surprise surprise, the network is totally fine and all the other apps work). I tried Sherrina29's hard reset but the same problem persisted. So yeah... still hasn't been fixed. Oh, and I ordered from Amazon, so it still seems like the amazon batch are the defective ones... greaaaat.
Requesting my return as I post this.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

"jcohen94" wrote:
Just a healthy update from September....
I have a 3812 model and it experiences the same crash where it won't let me enter a profile and just sends me back to the Roku homepage, occasionally providing me with a tvq-st-103 error code which is another network connectivity issue (surprise surprise, the network is totally fine and all the other apps work). I tried Sherrina29's hard reset but the same problem persisted. So yeah... still hasn't been fixed. Oh, and I ordered from Amazon, so it still seems like the amazon batch are the defective ones... greaaaat.
Requesting my return as I post this.

If you're requesting to return your Roku, do the right way. A user-supported forum won't cut it.

https://support.roku.com/
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
elzorro59
Level 7

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

November 21, 2018 purchased and installed ROKU 3800r......would not work with NETFLIX NW-6-400 error (everything else did work).  
Went back to using older ROKU model and NETFLIX works fine.    ROKU has got to know about the problems with 3800r
and it is not fixed, my purchase will be going right back to Bestbuy for fast return.  Do not waste your time resetting 3800r, restarting
device, TV, your internet.   3800R IS BAD PRODUCT, UGH!
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

"elzorro59" wrote:
November 21, 2018 purchased and installed ROKU 3800r......would not work with NETFLIX NW-6-400 error (everything else did work).  
Went back to using older ROKU model and NETFLIX works fine.    ROKU has got to know about the problems with 3800r
and it is not fixed, my purchase will be going right back to Bestbuy for fast return.  Do not waste your time resetting 3800r, restarting
device, TV, your internet.   3800R IS BAD PRODUCT, UGH!

Now you're confusing your experience with all experiences. Most people are having no such issues, so a statement that 3800 is a bad product is an invalid leap. You may have a bad device. Then again, you may have a corrupt Netflix installation.

For the former, and exchange would be proper.

For the latter, do these steps, in this order. Don't skip any step. Don't do steps in a different order.


  1. Sign out of Netflix on the Roku, if possible. 

  2. Remove the app. 

  3. Reboot the Roku.

  4. Reinstall the app.

Hope you get the issue resolved.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
elzorro59
Level 7

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

11/21/2018 -Roku to Netflix problem not fixed.  Recent purchase will be returned.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

"elzorro59" wrote:
11/21/2018 -Roku to Netflix problem not fixed.  Recent purchase will be returned.

Did you try those steps? You didn't say if you tried the steps.

Oh, and I'm watching Netflix right now. So...
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
ylexot
Level 7

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

I'm another new person with a new stick having this issue. I did follow the directions and it still doesn't work. I even tried the previous directions (reset stick, don't install Netflix during initial setup). Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
ylexot
Level 7

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

A little more info since I have two sticks. Both of them are 3800X models, but my older one is running OS 8.1 and Netflix works on it. The new one is running OS 9.0. Is there a way to downgrade to OS to see if that makes a difference?
0 Kudos