Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cismontguy
Level 7

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

We had a Roku 2 and Netflix stopped working on it 3 weeks ago. We would get an error message. (I did not save it). Called Netflix and they said it was old firmware on Roku 2 although it was JUST updated. Bought a new  Roku Express 3900R from Target and we got a new message saying we were using a VPN proxy or blocker. We are not. I called our DSL provider and they said there was no VPN in place. We could watch Netflix for a while on our Laptop computers, but we cannot even do that now! Its been 3 weeks with no Netflix service. All other streaming work fine on Roku. This really sucks!  Our error message is: M7111-1331-5059   Our lot number on our Roku Express is 218902661. Its a 3900R[/color]
0 Kudos
Humpert5C
Level 7

Strange that it only affects this one lot. If it was a hardware issue it wouldn't affect just Netflix, so it seems to be a firmware problem. But its been a couple of weeks should have been addressed by now. I think I'm going to send mine back (amazon).
0 Kudos
pvanhouten
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Try temporarily disabling your router's firewall, or placing the Roku in a DMZ.  See if the error continues to happen.  If it does NOT happen, then the issue is likely at the router level.

I'm having the same issue.  Amazon roku streaming stick, netflix NW-6-406.  Any suggestions on what to do next, RokuShawnS?
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

There is nothing else to do.  Netflix is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Humpert5C
Level 7

@RokuShawnS Can you confirm that this bug only affects one lot number that has been suggested in this thread or is this a problem for all 3800's? I don't doubt it will get fixed but it seems to be taking a while, and I don't think Netflix will reimburse us for the downtime.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"Humpert5C" wrote:
@RokuShawnS Can you confirm that this bug only affects one lot number that has been suggested in this thread or is this a problem for all 3800's? I don't doubt it will get fixed but it seems to be taking a while, and I don't think Netflix will reimburse us for the downtime.

I don't have that information, but I have passed this thread through the proper channels.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
pvanhouten
Level 7

@RokuShawnS: I know this is outside your realm, but are you aware of a public tracker to see the status of that issue with Netflix or even a bug number that can help facilitate communication with Netflix for those of us affected?
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

No public tracker that I know of, and we don't make bug information publicly available. I'm monitoring the bug, however, and will update this thread when I can.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
theblop
Level 7

I was having this same problem on my 3800X, but I'm now able to open and sign in to the Netflix app. However, it's still completely unusable, as it crashes within seconds of playing a video. I finally got one of the autoplay trailers to play all the way through, but then actually playing a show crashed it after about 5 seconds. Scrolling through the titles also caused terrible lag. @RokuShawnS are you aware of this issue?
0 Kudos
h4ctor96
Level 7

This thread is from early April and now it's nearly June, this problem should have been solved a long time ago. And not only did they not fix it, THEY KEPT MAKING THE FAULTY UNITS.

i just got a new 3900R with the same problem and the lot # is 2189028788 and that's a newer one than the one where the problem started, which is really pathetic, I can't believe they haven't fixed this issue yet.
0 Kudos