Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msewing
Level 7

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

Same story here.  I have a 3800R that works with every service I've tried EXCEPT Netflix.  Netflix works on various other devices on my WiFi system.  Current software updates, etc, etc.

My ISP is Comcast, by the way.

Chatted with Netflix, they say it can't be them, must be the ISP.  Roku chat says it can't be them, must be Netflix.  If I call Comcast, who do you suppose they will blame?  They will say Netflix, I bet, because it's their error message.

Classic.

And the lot number is 2189027242.  Yes it is!
0 Kudos
Throkmor
Level 7

Same issue here.  Purchased from Amazon with lot #2189027242 and could not connect to Netflix.  Replaced with another unit with a different lot # from Best Buy and it worked like a champ. 
0 Kudos
objectuser
Level 7

My bad one has the same "bad" lot number above. I can't compare the one that works because I bought a Stick+ instead.
0 Kudos
jwalkermed
Level 7

I have bought two from Amazon this last week with that lot  number neither work with netflix.   They are going back.
0 Kudos
viperphi
Level 7

The silence from Roku Customer Support is deafening. Some acknowledgement of the bad batch would be great. Like, "Hey, sorry for the inconvenience."
0 Kudos
jwalkermed
Level 7

After trying 2 from Amazon that were from the "bad" lot,  I  just went best buy to look.  Found a different lot#  2189026168 and Netflix works fine.  C'mon Roku own up to this.
0 Kudos
clsmayer
Level 7

Just got a 3800R from lot 2189027242. I'm glad I found this, guess Amazon is not a good place to get Rokus. Netflix support is useless, but if roku makes the app then Roku Support needs to fix it.

Apparently the 3800R isn't even listed under support for Stream stick so I guess we all have unsupported devices so we can't even open an issue?
0 Kudos
viperphi
Level 7

Roku doesn't make the Netflix app. But this appears to be a Roku 3800 hardware error from a bad batch being sold on Amazon.
0 Kudos

Same issue, bought Roku Streaming Stick from Amazon with Bad Lot number reported on this thread. Same result, Netflix won't start and gives a NW-6-406 error.
This is likely a Hardware issue of some kind.
0 Kudos
GeekOnIce
Level 7

Another confirmation - netflix doesn't work, lot# 2189027242.

This was my first Roku and was great other than this Netflix issue, but the lack of any response on this issue other than finger pointing is ridiculous, as is the fact that end-users are figuring out what's going on instead of the company. Doesn't exactly build confidence in the product, not sure yet if I'll be replacing with another Roku after I ship it back to Amazon.
0 Kudos