Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
objectuser
Level 7

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

I bought a Streaming Stick+ to see if it was any different. It worked first try. Tried the 3800 again and it still doesn't work.

So I think I know where the fault is: Netflix on the Streaming Stick doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Humpert5C
Level 7

So Netflix doesn't work on the 3800R, that's a deal breaker for me. Was it always broken or is this the result of a firmware update?
0 Kudos
viperphi
Level 7

I have the same bug on my new 3800R. Netflix app is the only one that doesn't work giving a code NW-6-406 error. My network is good. Netflix works on other Roku devices, Nvidia Shield, phones, etc. Network connection test within the Netflix app show everything is connected. I reached out to Netflix chat support and got the most condescending rep ever who wasn't interested in helping. Just gave the same web link previously addressed and said it was either Roku or Spectrum's problem. I feel like it is a Netflix software problem. But the 3800R is getting returned.
0 Kudos
viperphi
Level 7

Netflix
Version 5.0 build 80821014

Issue: Netflix gives error code NW-6-406 every time I attempt to start the application on a brand new Roku 3800R.

Steps to Reproduce: Start Netflix app. Error. Every time.

3800R Serial: YF00EH067632
Software Version:  8.0.1 build 4090-55

Internet connection is via wireless on a Spectrum Cable 100mbps line.
Signal Strength: Excellent
Connection: HDMI 1080p

I have factory reset the Roku several times, issue doesn't go away.
I have removed Netflix app and reinstalled, issue doesn't go away.
I have reset modem and router, issue doesn't go away.
I have setup a static IP for the Roku, issue doesn't go away.

All other apps on Roku work as expected.
0 Kudos
GeekOnIce
Level 7

Count me in as another person with the same issue. Just got a brand new 3800X today, went through the updates and all is working except Netflix, which gets the NW-6-406 error. All other channels are working just fine, and Netflix is fully functional on everything else in the house. Looks like the last Netflix update must be broken for the streaming stick.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 11

Error NW-6-406 page at Netflix:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/61979
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
objectuser
Level 7

"makaiguy" wrote:
 Error NW-6-406 page at Netflix:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/61979

Sadly, that page didn't help me at all. As others have mentioned, it's not the network, and not Netflix in general and not the Streaming Stick in general. It's Netflix on the Streaming Stick only.

I'm going to return my Streaming Stick and keep the Streaming Stick+ since it actually works.
0 Kudos
Shuwho
Level 7

Just got a 3800x brand new and no luck connecting to Netflix. Every other app works fine. NW-6-406 error code repeatedly. Attempted all online troubleshooting I could find.

Netflix
Version 5.0 build 80821014
0 Kudos

Wow. Seeing all this makes me feel better about my decision to return it.
0 Kudos
viperphi
Level 7

The NW-6-406 error is still ongoing. Womp.
0 Kudos